Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
I hate aluminum rims because they corrode, the beads corrode, they leak air, they are easily damaged... Steel or nothing IMO... But then again if you are putting them on a JK you might want to pimp yo ride with aluminum wheels with center mounted fidget spinners.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I chose steel based off 1. Cost of wheel+tire, 2. Specific style, and to some extent 3. Repairability

When I was looking it was pretty even between steelies w/33s and alloys w/32s. I'd rather have more tire than a pretty wheel, and the steel will hurt my soul less when they get rashed.

However, if I ever move up to 17s, I'm pretty sure I will go with the Mammoth Boulders 'cos they look un-outlandish. I was concerned about how cheap they are initially, but so far no one has complained of them tacoing, so they should work just fine.

That deal is stupid... as in awesome! It's basically 4 tires with free wheels. Don't forget the matching spare though. ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I chose a set of Fuel Aluminum Beads based off where and how I wheel. That said I wouldn't blink or think twice about buying that set, if my circumstances were different or I had a 5 on 5 bolt pattern, it's a screaming deal. Ditto on not forgetting the matching spare.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Steel wheels eventually rust. This can happened very quickly if you live somewhere with snow.

Steel wheels are also very heavy. The lighter the wheel/tire combo the better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts