Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it has now been one full year since I brought my jku home. It that time, there have been many weekends wheeling and many more hours browsing the forum. I have taken that year to research and decide how I really wanted to build it to how I would use it.

First, I want to thank everyone on the forum for their contributions. I may not post very much here, but I do read the info here daily. Without the dedicated members here I would be very lost in what I am about to take on.

Tomorrow is the big day for the build! I will be installing rk 3.5 x factor lift, 3" bumpstops, rancho 9000s, prorock 44 front axle with 4.88 gears, front and rear 1310 drive shafts, synergy tie rod and drag link flip kit, synergy track bar and sector shaft brace, fox ats ss, grade 8 bolts, artec rear truss, riddler different cover, ten factory chromoly rear axle shafts, and 17" atx chamber pro beadlocks with 37" toyo mts.

I will try to document the day tomorrow the best I can with the limited time. I will be sure to answer any questions you may have.

·
Super Moderator
8,178 Posts
Well it has now been one full year since I brought my jku home. It that time, there have been many weekends wheeling and many more hours browsing the forum. I have taken that year to research and decide how I really wanted to build it to how I would use it.
This is words of wisdom! Someone who actually wheeled their rig to figure out what they needed to do rather than drove it off the dealer lot to the lift shop without a clue (or even worse had the dealer install some cheap lift lol!).

I assume from your list Cassius that you are also regearing the rear? Gears are usually not a DIY job, but if you have the skills and experience that is great!

Look forward to your report and play by play on the install!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
That's a insain build I'm looking forward to seeing this build subscribed

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I assume from your list Cassius that you are also regearing the rear? Gears are usually not a DIY job, but if you have the skills and experience that is great!
Yes I will be having the rear regeared soon. That is not a project I was ready to tackle on my own.

Everything went pretty smoothly. The hardest part was trying to find the right tool scatter across the driveway with all the new and take off parts. The only thing left to do is weld the truss and track bar bracket, get it alligned, and have the gears done for the rear.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Looks like it is coming along nicely. I've got the RK 2.5 Max Travel lift and have considered upgrading to the 3.5 X-Factor. I also, was investigating the possibility of a front PR44 as well. I look forward to seeing the finished product...gonna be a great build.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looking forward to following this build! I have a RK 2.5 inch max travel waiting in my garage for some warm weather to be installed.
You will love the rk products. Great brand and even better quality in my opinion. I lucked out on the weather. When it all came early last week it was in the low 30's and come Sunday it was in the upper 60's.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hell of a build right from the start :thumb:
Thanks! You gave some sound advice and I spent hours (which turned into days!) reading your lift thread. I appreciate all of your contributions.

Anyone looking to do a lift and need some help, spend some time reading his thread. He knows his stuff!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks like it is coming along nicely. I've got the RK 2.5 Max Travel lift and have considered upgrading to the 3.5 X-Factor. I also, was investigating the possibility of a front PR44 as well. I look forward to seeing the finished product...gonna be a great build.
The pr44 is an awesome axle. I haven't had a chance to abuse it yet but just seeing it side by side to the d30, it's crazy to think what I put the poor d30 through and it survived. I'm not sure of anything the pr44 won't be able to handle for what I will be taking on in its future as a dd. After that, all bets are off...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm getting it aligned now and will post results when it's done. Driving it today, there were no issues in driveability. The steering wheel is slightly off center but it is just annoying to me.

Also, here is a picture one week after I picked it up from the dealer (*I did extend breather tubes before this). The wife wasn't happy with me soaking the carpets. I had to get rid of that new car smell somehow.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts