Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a cat back exhaust, but I want something throaty, not ricer like. Any suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
True.. you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So the Gibson exhaust would work then ?

·
Registered
414 Posts
I put Gibson headers and Banks cat-back system on mine. Definitely doesn't sound like a ricer but it's not as throaty as a V-8 either. Can't really hear it inside the Jeep but have had some people comment that it sounds pretty good from the outside.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Banks is having some kind of sale this week... they called me... has an OK sound to it but I don't think it does much more than that... the power issues aren't with intake or exhaust...

·
Registered
291 Posts
I know Borla makes some quality stuff. I had a set of duals on my Corvette and they rumbled nice. On a 6 cyl I doubt you can get the exhaust note that you desire.

My next door neighbor put dual exhausts on his Ford Rangers and it's horrible almost embarrassing.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My wife wants to get me the Gibson Performance one.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I put on a Gibson Performance 17303 dual exhaust two days ago-- it took maybe 30 minutes and the Amazon price was just right. Both pipes are perfectly level, which is actually surprising rare for cheap dual exhausts from what I've read. My wife absolutely hates the throaty sound, so naturally it's a total success and I couldn't be happier. :D For a v6, this is probably as good as it gets in the sub $250 category. I'm not sure if you care about chrome versus black tips, but Gibson sells replacement black tips directly for this particular combo now. I'm picking some up soon.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I got the axle back Flowmaster Force II kit.

It was cheap through Amazon at the time, $260 free shipping too.

It sounds good on the 3.6l, low and deep, startup is really nice, however, it is a bit quite for my tastes.

I had an issue with fitment on the first one I ordered and they sent me a new one without taking the old one back, sold the new one to a person with a 3.8l for what I paid and it sounded a bit farty to me, but he liked it. A little louder than on the 3.6l, I think it has something to do with the resonator on the 3.6l. I am going to modify the first one I got with a smaller can to make it louder and fix the fit issue. Note that the pipes are stainless but the delta 50 can is not, it has started to rust a bit through the black spraypaint...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts