Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all---peace to you all:

Anyway--I like the look of duals on a wrangler and considering what I paid for this heap---another 5 or 6 bills isn't going to break me.

I am torn among the Gibson, Magnaflow and Quadratec. I tend toward the magnaflow because I have read that the gibson sound is very course and loud esp. at highway speeds and the quadratec sometimes doesn't fit seamlessly w/o some bending. I am not a particularly great do-it-yourselfer, though I think I may be able to drink my way through the install if it fits right.

For those of you who have any of these systems----was the install fairly seamless? Did you need to modify the system or was it seemless? What is the noise factor for you---just right, too loud, too course? Are you satisfied with the look after install? I am mainly interested in the look but was hoping for a more mellow sound than the factory.

Thx for any input

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
After doing a lot of research, I wanted something that wasn't too loud and had no drone at speed. I went with the Rugged Ridge dual stainless steel cat back. The fit is perfect, bolted right in, and after over 4yrs., no issues.

·
Vendor
440 Posts
See below.
Also check out our systems too, if you want.
Made in the USA
90 day sound/performance guarantee, if you aren't happy return for a refund.
On rebate right now too.

DynoMax® Performance Exhaust Spring Promotion

Hello all---peace to you all:

Anyway--I like the look of duals on a wrangler and considering what I paid for this heap---another 5 or 6 bills isn't going to break me.

I am torn among the Gibson, Magnaflow and Quadratec. I tend toward the magnaflow because I have read that the gibson sound is very course and loud esp. at highway speeds and the quadratec sometimes doesn't fit seamlessly w/o some bending. I am not a particularly great do-it-yourselfer, though I think I may be able to drink my way through the install if it fits right.Most companies make their system easy to install. The toughest part is removing the stock system.

For those of you who have any of these systems----was the install fairly seamless? Did you need to modify the system or was it seemless? What is the noise factor for you---just right, too loud, too course? Are you satisfied with the look after install? I am mainly interested in the look but was hoping for a more mellow sound than the factory. Look to our VT system it uses a "drone free" muffler so at cruise mellow sound. But it is not a dual outlet

Thx for any input

·
Registered
863 Posts
I would actually love to get Mi jeep to sound like the interceptor from the movie the wraith

·
Registered
162 Posts
In addition to the request from the OP, if you have any of those, could you also describe any departure angle issues they might present?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Just tossing this out there, but I've done my fair share of exhaust updates to all sorts of vehicles. The same set up might go on with out a hitch on one rig, and same set up on a similar rig might be a pita. You won't know until you're past the point of no return.

·
Registered
516 Posts
That's a huge size difference. How does it sound though? Funny, my last vehicle I updated the exhaust with Long tubes, ORY, and used a Dynomax. It sounded great and the Dynomax eliminated the drone. But that was on a V8. Does it have the "bumble bee in a tin can" sound on the 3.6?

Stock muffler setup vs ours for comparison.

·
Vendor
440 Posts
Hear (Punny?) is a sound clip, best if heard through head phones or the like.

DynoMax Performance Exhaust system P/N 39528 using our polished stainless Super Turbo - YouTube

No bumble sound but some people say there is a bit more drone than they like. It is about a 3-4 out of 10 in my opinion.

And this right here....
+ this

Warranty / Guarantee

Pretty hard to beat. :)

That's a huge size difference. How does it sound though? Funny, my last vehicle I updated the exhaust with Long tubes, ORY, and used a Dynomax. It sounded great and the Dynomax eliminated the drone. But that was on a V8. Does it have the "bumble bee in a tin can" sound on the 3.6?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Much appreciated on the sound clip. It definitely looks great on the jeep, but like you, the sound is a little off. That's probably as good as it gets on the 3.6 however, but not for me. If it's made like previous Dynomax products i've used in the past, it's worth the coin. :)

Hear (Punny?) is a sound clip, best if heard through head phones or the like.

DynoMax Performance Exhaust system P/N 39528 using our polished stainless Super Turbo - YouTube

No bumble sound but some people say there is a bit more drone than they like. It is about a 3-4 out of 10 in my opinion.

And this right here....
+ this

Warranty / Guarantee

Pretty hard to beat. :)

·
Vendor
440 Posts
Something to check out is our VT muffler. We use it in a couple of our JK applications. It uses a valve that at cruise helps redirect the gases back into the muffler to absorb the drone, so at cruise/speed no drone. But when you get on it, it has a nice throaty sound.

DynoMax® VT® Mufflers - DynoMax® Performance Exhaust

Much appreciated on the sound clip. It definitely looks great on the jeep, but like you, the sound is a little off. That's probably as good as it gets on the 3.6 however, but not for me. If it's made like previous Dynomax products i've used in the past, it's worth the coin. :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
I installed the Magnaflow 15160 and I love it. It looks great, it sounds great, I have better throttle response, and after a month of driving around with it, I can report an improvement of slightly over 1 mpg with it.

The knock against it is the price. It's not cheap. To me, it was money well spent.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts