Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting mine done next time I find one in the area. Wondering what we are finding on weight if you have ever weighed your jeep.
I always wondered in the real world what a stock JKU JKU Sahara weights compared to a Rubicon and the how much more a 10A ,HR,Recon ect.. weights over a stock Rubicon and so forth.
Eads

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
2018 4 door recon full tank of gas and nothing else. 5050lb

·
Premium Member
9,621 Posts
Mine has been over 6000 lbs with the trailer hooked up. I have not ever weight it empty.

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
My ‘13 JKUS was 4,750 with a half tank of gas. It isn’t heavily modified: 34” BFG’s, Rubi sliders, Barricade sliders. No winch at the time.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
My little 2DR Hardtop Sport weighs in at 4055 lbs. (Unoccupied with no cargo and 1/2 tank gas).

With no top or doors it's 3878 Lbs..

Since I last weighed it, I've added a front bumper and a winch.. Gotta go back and check again :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I try that. Just been seeing Cat used on TFL car-truck and sounded like something I would like to do to get an estimate on how much they do weigh.
Eads

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I try that. Just been seeing Cat used on TFL car-truck and sounded like something I would like to do to get an estimate on how much they do weigh.
Eads
You can also check out recycling centers they often have scales. I found in Oregon they have plenty of unmanned scales.

·
Registered
2016 Wrangler JKU sport.
1,058 Posts
We have a lot of sand and gravel quarries around here. If you ask nicely most will let you drive on and give you the weight. All the Tri-axle trucks are weighed after they are loaded so they are legal and how much to charge customers for the materals.

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
My ‘13 JKUS was 4,750 with a half tank of gas. It isn’t heavily modified: 34” BFG’s, Rubi sliders, Barricade sliders. No winch at the time.
I took it to the scales today with the following changes since the last time:
Added TF 2.5” lift and Falcon 3.1 shocks
Added Warn VR 10s winch
Added MORE aluminum engine/trans skid plate
Removed Freedom panels
Added Bestop Sunrider

Weight with a strong 1/4 tank of gas was 4,900.

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
I took it to the scales today with the following changes since the last time:
Added TF 2.5” lift and Falcon 3.1 shocks
Added Warn VR 10s winch
Added MORE aluminum engine/trans skid plate
Removed Freedom panels
Added Bestop Sunrider

Weight with a strong 1/4 tank of gas was 4,900.
I got another weight today because of some changes:

Removed the Rubi rails and Barricade sliders
Added LOD Signature sliders
Removed Sahara rims with BFG 275/70r18 tires
Added Willys rims with 315/70r17 Goodyear MT/R’s
Added JCR MOLLE panel and gear
Added 10lb Powertank

Weight with 1/4 tank was 4,960.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow...those numbers do and don't surprise me. It's just amazing how much more you can add to a Jeep and make it weigh that much.
Eads

·
Banned
1,164 Posts
Most people don't care about weight they just buy whatever the current trend is. It all adds up and in motor sports weight is a big deal and with our shitty motors that are offered, it should be something people look at a bit closer.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Finally did it today at an PILOT station. Full gas,nothing else and no person.
OEM 10A with doors,HT on.
Front 2520
Rear 2340
Total 4860

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Did mine a few days ago with gas and nothing else. 5300total,, 2800 front and 2500 rear. See my sig for how it's equipped. Wow, must be those heavy floor matts.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,882 Posts
Fully loaded to Terlingua last year.

AEV 2.5" lift, Bilstein's, AEV bumpers, tire carrier, AEV Saltas and Kenda Klevers (86lbs each), roof rack, hinge steps, heavy step rails, partial skids and AEV diff covers.

Camping gear and food for 6 days, full large cooler, firewood, recovery gear, 175lb, 60lb and 20lb dogs, 300lb me, 140lb wife, 160lb teenager.

Just a bit over 6,800lbs.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts