Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to put the RIPP exhaust system along with the RIPP SC, and i wondered about whether to keep the cat. as is or remove it.

So i wanted to hear from you, would you think if the catalytic converter got removed/deleted would make an improvements?

Put in mind that my Jeep has a supercharger, so more air flow needed.

share with me what you think about the pros and cons.

Cheers! :beerdrinking:

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
The first issue is your local laws, which probably preclude deleting emissions-related gear. Second issue - do they check emissions at all in your area?

I'd ask the RIPP folks if the back pressure from the cat is needed. There are sometimes strange effects you can't reveal without lots of dyne runs.

But I hope that with the sizeable HP gains they claim, that a few more from a cat-delete would be pretty minor...

·
Registered
289 Posts
You would also need to install the o2 sensors (My 3.8 has 4..I do not know how many the 3.6 has) so you have feedback for your afr.
There is also a federal law issue too in which posts like these are far and few between.
It is more common for a hollow cat to exist then a complete delete based on what I have seen living in the desert where emissions are not required.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts