Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you have had your catalytic converter stolen off of your jeep?
Being that wranglers are high off the ground seems were a good target.

Just curious

S

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
They get big money at the wreckers, they are full of platinum and other highly sought after materials, there have been car lots here that have seen every signal cat converter removed from every truck on their lot.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Not on a jeep, but a friend of mine in Dallas has been the victim twice of this issue on his Toyota T-1000 (i think thats the model...) First time, it was gone completely, 2nd time, they must have had to leave in a hurry, they left the socket on the bolt.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Our company parking lot was hit, I was on vacation. Another place I worked had some cats stolen, again I didnt get hit. I don't know where it is on my jeep never looked maybe its hard to get to due to the TC pan?

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
Hey, I've got some used cats for sale, cheap. :D

·
Registered
7,150 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,214 Posts
back in high school, our parking lot got hit almost every week. for a few months, i was parking my 4runner in the gated lot at the auto shop.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
it's a common crime, they crawl under your rig with a sawzal and cut them out. A used car lot was hit around here last year....got every car!
There are laws now at the recycling places, they arent quite as easy to sell as they used to be.

·
Registered
14,065 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Knew someone from high school who used to steal them (way after we lost touch). After he had a family and had "cleaned up" his act, he still couldn't stop if he saw a perfect car for reaping. He got surprised by a off-duty officer and tried to drive off with the cops arm still in his truck. Long story short, the officer shot him while he was being dragged. Lost his life for a stupid catalytic converter...

RT

·
Registered
892 Posts
Knew someone from high school who used to steal them (way after we lost touch). After he had a family and had "cleaned up" his act, he still couldn't stop if he saw a perfect car for reaping. He got surprised by a off-duty officer and tried to drive off with the cops arm still in his truck. Long story short, the officer shot him while he was being dragged. Lost his life for a stupid catalytic converter...

RT
thats stupid.:doh:

·
Registered
7,150 Posts

RT
Too bad this guy procreated. Should have been a genetic cul-de-sac.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts