Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, looking for suggestions on what type of exhaust to put on my 2006 Wrangler. I'm looking for something to make it sound a little bit deeper but not enough to drive me nuts after a while. Also, looking for better performance in either HP or fuel economy...ideally both but if not, I'm not to concerned about it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
646 Posts
stone, i just did a flowmaster super 44 (2.25in/out, center to offset) and magnaflow cat combo. noise wise, it is obviously louder at start up. on the road it seems alright in the cab. performance isn't noticeable in any combo from what i hear via JF and WF, even with a CAI to compliment the breathing because as far as air flow restriction, our jeep has little to none to begin with.

overall i am happy with the sound and surprised at how quite it actually sounds. if you want to look into anything for mufflers, let it be a banks or magnaflow. although i am skeptical of glass packs as they tend to blow out after a few thousand miles, they appear to sound great IMO.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DaJeepNotCheap,

First of all great username! Haha

Secondly, thanks for the suggestion! I was thinking magnaflow anyways so I'll probably end up going down that road! Either way, it's always nice hearing what others think.

Thanks you!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Keep in mind that some lift kits might require modification to the cat back exhaust. If you plan on lifing, keep that in mind.
x2 on that. especially some kits that come with shock relocation brackets. i had this issue with mine, and only discovered recently that the right rear shock was making contact with the tail pipe, pulling on the entire exhaust. i cracked 3 sets of headers because of this. the good thing is i am pretty good at taking off the header and intake manifold and putting it back together within 2 hours...without the haynes manual LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts