Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody that has a clever solution for neighbour cats that seem to like the comfort of my soft top ? :banghead:

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Let your neighbor know you are displeased with this. if no action is taken do as you will. I have live trap cats and let them loose in the desert. People need to be control their pets.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I know both of my cats hate the smell of clear packing tape. I dont know if they would stay off of it if you put like 5 strips on the top. Or get a dog lol.

·
Registered
745 Posts
i'm assuming your top is black..

here's 2 easy one to try... cayene pepper... they HATE the smell..sprinlke a little on the top the scent will stay for a good while..you don't need much, remember their noses are FAR MORE sensitive then ours..

also Moth Balls...you can put some on your top, leave them overnight, let the scent soak in ....

if you actually see the cat there a garden hose works well also...

·
Registered
661 Posts
Let your neighbor know you are displeased with this. if no action is taken do as you will. I have live trap cats and let them loose in the desert. People need to be control their pets.
That's pretty crappy man. If you are going to kill an animal at least be man enough to do it without leaving it to starve and die slowly and painfully

And to answer your question, rubber snakes worked to keep them off of my dad's truck.

·
Super Moderator
21,977 Posts
trap it take it to the humane society and then let the owners know where they can find their cat. Cost them about $50 to retrieve, cat is unharmed and the owners are the ones who are punished not the cat. I had a problem with neighbor cat one time jumping up on my car and sliding down scratching it, they denied it was their cat so I photographed it on my car after about the 20th time then took it in and a few days later they came over looking for the cat and I said I had not seen their cat but I found another apparently lost cat on my vehicle and showed them the photograph I took and I told them I took it to the humane society in hopes that its owners would be able to find it there. They were not happy but they got their cat back and they kept it inside.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Ruger 10/22
I second this motion. I dont know about you but i dont want a smelly top. Ive used coyote urine while hunting and that is some fierce stuff.

·
Super Moderator
21,977 Posts

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
yacc said:
That's pretty crappy man. If you are going to kill an animal at least be man enough to do it without leaving it to starve and die slowly and painfully

And to answer your question, rubber snakes worked to keep them off of my dad's truck.
What's crappy is cleaning cat crap off your kids hands and face because it was in the sand box, scrubbing stains off your upholstery. Having to clean hair off your rig and clothes.
That's crappy when you don't own a cat.
When growing up our collie was shot because he got out and chased the sheep in the field on the back of our property. The owner claimed he killed one of his lambs. The next night he had 2 sheep killed by 2 labs. My dog was only doing what it was breed to do and was killed for it. That was crappy. So giving an animal a chance make on its own seems fair enough. Most around here are barn/farm cats anyway.
So I think after talking to the cat owner about your problem is more than fair enough to relocate the animal if they don't conrtol it.

I'm not against shooting them either if that is what you wanted to hear. Since you know about my manhood.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hope I would have a garage, my hard top wouldn't be lying on 2x4 in my back yard and cats wouldn't be a problem.

Good suggestions to try here.

We have a dog, a big one that loves to run at it, but that cat doesn't care when it sits on top of my Jeep.

We have a cat as well, so it's hard to say to the lady to keep it inside when ours goes outside, but at leat she doesn't jump on car or Jeep. The lady has been warned about to pay for a new top if it leaks.

Garden hose, mmm, if I surprise him, I fear about him getting his claws through the roof...

Also when my top is down that cat goes in :banghead: , but what I'm affraid of, is pin holes in my top.
I tried cayenne, doesn't seems to work. Moth balls seems interresting, wouldn't it arm the roof ?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I stripped an extension cord and put the bare wires on the top with a little tape. Needless to say they didn't do it again

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I stripped an extension cord and put the bare wires on the top with a little tape. Needless to say they didn't do it again
Im guessing bc your rig caught on fire and no longer exists lmaoooo not poking fun but thats dangerous man lol

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you forget about the extension cord, don't forget to hold the hand of somebody else when you unlock your door :firedevil:

·
Registered
936 Posts
I don't think a person should have to shut his/hers garage door to keep a neighbors animal out.
I suppose you like the Ruger comment better.

Yeah.....that's the way we should be....Just KILL every feckin thing in the world that WE don't agree with or like. That should work out real good for ya!

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
I had a neighbors cat a few houses down comes to our door (maybe not on/in the jeep) and I brought it back to them, explained that they just cant let it run free regardless if it moans to get out of there apt and warned them if it comes back, I will contact the SPCA. I don't blame the animal what so ever, they don't know any better. The owner is to blame as they do know better, this is an SPCA issue. PS I own a cat, and we don't let it run lose, and its been trained to stay on our enlcosed patio as we use those magnetic screens to keep the bugs out. She comes and goes as she pleases and no hassle to anyone.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.