Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got caught in a freak downpour for about 10 minutes while the jeep was in a parking lot with the top up but windows out. I thought I got all of the water up from the carpet when I got home but noticed a mildew smell yesterday and found some water I had missed.

When cleaning it up I noticed the metal/weld looks to be off-colored. Not sure if this is normal, or if it is from the water getting under the carpet. Is this normal? Anything to worry about or anything I need to do?

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
I got caught in a freak downpour for about 10 minutes while the jeep was in a parking lot with the top up but windows out. I thought I got all of the water up from the carpet when I got home but noticed a mildew smell yesterday and found some water I had missed.

When cleaning it up I noticed the metal/weld looks to be off-colored. Not sure if this is normal, or if it is from the water getting under the carpet. Is this normal? Anything to worry about or anything I need to do?
That is not weld, it is PVC sealant. Nothing to worry about.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing to worry about. As it dries completely the smell will subside as well.
Awesome thanks! I also read about using Lysol to help kill the actual mold/mildew so hopefully that helps speed along the process.

·
Premium Member
16,895 Posts
Awesome thanks! I also read about using Lysol to help kill the actual mold/mildew so hopefully that helps speed along the process.
I've been wet (soaked) many times, never been an issue.
Let the air at it. Remove mats and use a fan if possible.
I sometimes put blocks under the carpet to let air move as well. Should be all dry in a day or less.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts