Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any funny stories about being caught in the venerable spot without your doors and or top?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Any funny stories about being caught in the venerable spot without your doors and or top?
Got caught on gator ally in florida with no top or doors. Luckly I have a soft top and put it up as fast as possible but no rear windows except the back one but we didn't put it down. When we hit the rain which was coming down so hard we lost all most all visability and we noticed the windsheild wipers weren't working for some reason. I mean they were going back and forth but the rain wasn't getting wiped off. :confused: I then decided to run my hand on the inside of the windshield and noticed the rain was coming through the back window and onto the windshield. Was something I never thought about when we put the top back up. So we pulled over and got soaked putting the rear window back down and as soon as we jumped into the jeep to drive away the rain stopped. :nonono:

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Been caught with door off twice in a small rain and top off one time in a monsoon! Funny story had the doors off the wife and I had a few drinks then went to Walmart they had the sprinklers on watering the grass needless to say it was a slow ride by them!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
just yesterday had the top and doors off like every good jeep owner and my friend came over with the top down on his little Miata and after a while we look outside and its DOWNPOURING and going sideways we run out I throw on the bikini and say forget it its a jeep. his car was soaked:rofl: where me my seats dried out in about 45 mins go jeep:punk:

·
Registered
272 Posts
although who cares its a jeep I just cover the radio with the bikini top and il go for a drive and hit puddles its a jeep thing you gotta do it the seats are made to get wet:thumb:

·
Registered
125 Posts
How does the leather hold up? I'm starting to think maybe I should be looking at seat covers if there's a style out there that are water resistant.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got the leather seats in mine and had the top down while I was inside work. Had a thorough soaking in a summer thunderstorm. Had to pull the plugs out of the floor to drain several inches of water from the floor.

Once the sun came out, the seats were dry in minutes (after a quick wipe with a towel). The rugs took a while (it was August and we had a week or two of 90+ humidity).

I try not to let that happen, but more for the pain drying the rugs than the seats!

Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts