Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

cb ant mount location?

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  dean4537 
#1 ·
Well i have a 4 ft firestick on my bumper and its just not working out! Whats the other options,one of those teraflex behind the tail light mounts? How do they work? Well if i go there i will have to get a 3 footer which will be about 6 inches higher than mine now.

#9 ·
Correction. Sorry, it's been a while. I'm not using the TeraFlex antenna mount. I'm using this Quadratec Stainless CB Antenna Rear Tailgate Mount. It's also available as a kit including the 4' Firestick, which is the actual kit that I bought and have been using for five years. The antenna mount bolted right up to existing holes and didn't require grinding down any painted surfaces.

#4 ·
Providing you grind off the paint and powder coating so the Tera antenna mount gets its required bare-metal-to-bare-metal RF ground, that's a very good mount. With that height of mount, I prefer a 2' antenna since it still performs well for offroad use and it won't hit anything. I'm all about antennas and have been for over 50 years of ham radio interest but that little 2' CB antenna works great on the trail and consistently gives me "loud and clear" reports when we do radio checks on the trail.

You can kinda see it and its red tip cap here on the driver's side of my TJ.

Attachments

#7 · (Edited)
That mount also needs the same type of bare metal connection mentioned above as required for the Tera mount. Brand-name doesn't change how antennas work and how their mounts require a good RF ground so the antenna can work as well as it was designed to. A local Jeeper couldn't get his antenna to tune properly and he was using the Rugged Ridge mount. All it took was a few minutes with a Dremel grinder to get the mount's required RF ground working so the antenna would tune up properly. :)

#6 ·
I have a 4' Firefly on the Teraflex mount and it has been a stellar performer!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.