Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how did you mount your CB antenna on your ace pro series rear bumper? does anyone have pictures?

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
I don't have any pictures of Mike's on my iPad right now. But there is a built in mount on the ACE Pro bumper, behind the spare on the left hand side. It doesn't have any marks on it or anything, it's just an extra circular hole.

We did have to grind off a little bit of the powder coat on the underside to get a good ground for the antenna. He also had to add a spring to raise his 3' FireStik above the hard top. He didn't want to go with the 4', because it would have been too tall to get in the garage.

I can try to remember to take some pictures, if no one else gives you any in the meantime. If I forget, you can always send me a PM and remind me. :)

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your reply starbrite. i will look at it a little closer and if i can't figure it out i will send you a pm and ask for pics. thanks again

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
:facepalm:

I did have a picture! Sorry! :nonono:

Hopefully you can figure it out from this picture. If you can't, again, just send me a PM and I can get more. :)

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i did find it last night. thanks for posting the pic. i will have it finished up this weekend when i have a day off work. thanks again!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have my antenna mounted like in the picture. i did grind off the powder coat but my swr is above 5. i went to a local cb shop and they told me to drill the hole to 1/2" because the antenna was making contact. did you have any problems like i am describing?if so what did you do or what do you recommend for me?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts