Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
REF: Ultramount CB Antenna mount w/4' Firestick.

Did the tuning yesterday! SWR on Chan #1 was 1.5 and Chan 40 checked 0.5

This would seem to indicate that the antenna is a bit short? How would I lengthen the antenna, OR is this close enough?:confused:

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Put a spring between the antenna and the mount, but that will lengthen it too much.

Actually SWR of 1.5 and down is fine.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
sparky said:
Put a spring between the antenna and the mount, but that will lengthen it too much.

Actually SWR of 1.5 and down is fine.
X2 that SWR is just fine

·
Registered
864 Posts
If it is a Firestick II. The red cap comes off and there is a screw type tip to lengthen or shorten it. You could adjust it some but .5-1.5 range is pretty good unless you are running extra power.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Unless you have the model with the movable bolt on top, I think the only way to adjust is to trim the wire. Your SWR is great. Stop there.

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well...........

...........thanks folks :thumb: If .5 and 1.5 are good, I'll leave her alone :D

If it ain't broke, don't fix it :wavey:

Thanks so much for your time and help!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Granted it has been about 20 years since I studied Antenna theory but I don't believe it is possible to obtain a SWR of less than 1:1 and even obtaining 1:1 is very difficult/almost impossible outside of a lab setting.

What kind of a meter are you using that indicates a ratio of .5?

·
Registered
260 Posts
^ this is correct. The R in SWR stands for ratio. Ratio of power out to power returned. 1:1 means all power leaving the transmitter goes out the antenna. That's the best you can do.

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
It's a.........

Granted it has been about 20 years since I studied Antenna theory but I don't believe it is possible to obtain a SWR of less than 1:1 and even obtaining 1:1 is very difficult/almost impossible outside of a lab setting.

What kind of a meter are you using that indicates a ratio of .5?
-----------------------------------------
Workman SWR-Meter SWR-2T
Now as per usual you folks here on WF have taught me a valuabe lesson: "Attention to detail" :thumb:

The lowest reading on the scale is "1". That means the readings on the lowest & hightest channel is: 1.2 and 1.5, which is ideal and I am OK :D PTL

Thanks for the time and help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts