Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Cb mount again!!

6K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Mango Mountain 
#1 ·
I purchased the cobra 75. It is where everything is in the mic. There is a little brain box that mounts out of sight, in looking at the installation the best spot I can find is right above the stereo amp under the dash. Where is the question, has anyone installed any electronics in or around the amp? If you have did you notice any feed back from the device or the stereo? I am going to put a filter in the CB but I don't know if that is enough.

#2 ·
That is prob not the best spot. I went in behind/under the glove box. The drilled hole in the plastic piece that pops off and attatch mic with a bracket up by stereo.

#4 ·
Not at the moment....search around on some JK forums and there are lots of pics if you search Cobra 75

#7 ·
I have the same radio and JUST got finished installing it. In my "04" I pulled out the coin holder (In front of shift boot) and put it there. Ran my power from the accessory plug. Just got done installing my Firestick last night. It's out of site and now I can drill a hole in the counsel to run the hookup to the mike/radio. Nice, neat and clean.

#8 ·
Question for Yo Yo Pete

Is there any back space under the plastic windshield frame cover to allow drilling holes in it and then inserting rubber expansion nuts? I have a compact Cobra 19 DX IV and want to mount the CB bracket right above the rear view mirror like in the picture. If the plastic cover is flush against metal I would have to drill through the metal. Anyone know the best way to mount the bracket?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.