Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a cobra 19 and am wanting to mount where the netting is below the AC controls (I've attached a pic for a better description). I know it'll probably be hard to get to due to the gear shifters, but has anyone done it before?

I don't want to mount on the side of the console, above the rearview mirror, under the seats, or anywhere on top of the dash. I'm open to suggestions anywhere else.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
I read some dated post of one jeepster using velco to mount his radio to the side of the shifter console he didn't want to buy the bracket or drill and another post of securing the radio bottom to a cup and placing it in the the cup holder space

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
In the center console or glove box.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I recently purchased a cobra 19 and am wanting to mount where the netting is below the AC controls (I've attached a pic for a better description). I know it'll probably be hard to get to due to the gear shifters, but has anyone done it before?
I believe you will need to mount it in front of that netting. That's because there is something behind the netting, and thus, no empty room to recess it into.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I read some dated post of one jeepster using velco to mount his radio to the side of the shifter console he didn't want to buy the bracket or drill and another post of securing the radio bottom to a cup and placing it in the the cup holder space
I used 2" velco and mounted a Cobra 29 on top of the dash where the tray is. Never had it move during wheeling.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe you will need to mount it in front of that netting. That's because there is something behind the netting, and thus, no empty room to recess it into.
I was afraid of that.. There's really not enough space to mount it in front.

I do like the Velcro idea. I'm kinda thinking either the inside or back side of the console. May even set up a way to switch between inside the console and another location for those topless days. (My main concerns regarding placement are thieves, weather, and my dog)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I put mine inside the center console. I used an elbow out the rear for the coax to save room. The mic is below the parking brake and i have to move the mic to get the seat all the way forward.

·
Registered
334 Posts
If you're worried about thieves, I would mount it inside the console.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Here's the cup mount. It's out of the way on the console and removable. Just cut a piece of 2x4 to fit in an old cup and put a screw through the bottom of the cup into the 2x4, then mount your CB bracket to the top of the 2x4. I used expanding foam insulation to fill in around the inside of the cup.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts