1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33,540 Posts
Homemade mount above rear veiw mirror.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think location suggestions will also depend on what model CB you're installing. My Uniden 510 sits nicely on top of the center dash.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just found out they make 1 Din CB's. I never knew that.

Cobra 18 WX ST II CB Radio | Right Channel Radios

I am not specifically endorsing this Cobra. I am just offering another option.

Need to get an aftermarket stereo if you go the 1 din route!

Almost certain there are others.

Not to hijack your thread but: Need to be more concerned about your Antennae placement.

Let us know what route you go pal!

·
Founder, ThumbJeeps
4,062 Posts
^ I use the same bracket that the CB has there above the mirror only I drilled 2 small holes in my hard top and screwed it right to that. I then used (2) nuts outside on the roof to lock it down, cut the excess bolt off and siliconed it with RTV black to stop the nuts from rusting. Also, I put RTV Black on the holes before I put the bolts in. That way, not only is the top sealed but the entire bolt is sealed inside and out of the hardtop. Mine is an older Cobra, made well.

Heres a few pics,

lots of cables in this pic but I have flashers in the windshield as well ;) Im still looking for one of my CB handle clips to mount on the dash.

one of the bolts on top

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
I have a Uniden 510XL.... small but powerful...

I took the easy way out since I have a soft top and virtually no security...

I used velcro on the mounting bar of the CB and a small strip on the center console next to the e-brake. I use a aux power source and a $3 plug.

When I don't use it, I pull it off and slide it under my seat to move it out of sight or remove it in 30 seconds by unscrewing the coax.

The power wire runs under my console under the pocket hole in the back under the dash...

·
Registered
755 Posts
TnDz TJ said:
I have a Uniden 510XL.... small but powerful...

I took the easy way out since I have a soft top and virtually no security...

I used velcro on the mounting bar of the CB and a small strip on the center console next to the e-brake. I use a aux power source and a $3 plug.

When I don't use it, I pull it off and slide it under my seat to move it out of sight or remove it in 30 seconds by unscrewing the coax.

The power wire runs under my console under the pocket hole in the back under the dash...
Can i see some pics of that? I think for what i want that sounds like it would work really good

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I have a 2 meter yaesu radio on the passenger side of the console. its convenient for me with SAR because its easy to reach, and leaves enough space for my wife who's short.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
brandon-99tj said:
Can i see some pics of that? I think for what i want that sounds like it would work really good
Sure... Sorry for the glare. You loose one cup holder while in place. The wires run down between the drivers seat and tuck under the console. Perfect fit.. Just leave enough wire to pull forward and slide under you seat.

The nice thing is angle lets the sound project up at you off the console.

image-3953775716.jpg

image-682749745.jpg

image-3036514866.jpg

·
Registered
755 Posts
TnDz TJ said:
Sure... Sorry for the glare. You loose one cup holder while in place. The wires run down between the drivers seat and tuck under the console. Perfect fit.. Just leave enough wire to pull forward and slide under you seat.

The nice thing is angle lets the sound project up at you off the console.
Thanks!! That looks great, i think i'll run a similar setup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts