Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How/where are you guys mounting your CBs? Doing rear tire antenna mount, but not too sure where to place CB. Would like to not have it too visible as I have a soft top and leave it off as much as possible. Please share some pics and ideas!

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Left rear taillight bracket is where I went. It would be nice to be in the center.

Stay with a shirt antenna unless you line noise in the trees. I went with a 4 ft fire stick.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
How/where are you guys mounting your CBs? Doing rear tire antenna mount, but not too sure where to place CB. Would like to not have it too visible as I have a soft top and leave it off as much as possible. Please share some pics and ideas!
Directly under my steering column worked perfect for me. I mounted the Mic next to the 4wd light with the cable over the top of the column and out of the way.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I went with the Cobra 75WXST with everything in the hand unit. Not the best CB but since I only use it on club rides I don't have to have a lot of power. I put the little box in my center console and ran my mic plug out the side of the console.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Here is mine.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I have mine in the stock radio spot since I have a tuffy

·
Registered
257 Posts
I zipped tied my mount to my sound bar near the passenger side. If I need to I just unscrew the bolts, mount stays on cb comes off. Easy to do. Easy to undo.

·
Registered
118 Posts
My base station is mounted to the front of a custom center console/ice chest. I added quick disconnects for when I'm not out wheeling so I can take it out easily. The mic is mounted to the center of my windshield roll bar's lower tube and the antenna is mounted on the back left just above the license plate with a body mount.

I would take pictures but it's dark out and I'm leaving tomorrow for a few weeks.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Mine's under my driver seat like the previous picture of the JK, but further back. I also fabbed up some small "L" brackets to hold it about an inch off the floorboard, so water will run right under it. Had it like that on my last YJ and it lasted for 4 years that way. Still using the same CB in my current heep..

·
Registered
268 Posts
I removed the ashtray and mounted it in that location.I then took a Dremel tool and cut the cigarette lighter off the ashtray assembly and mounted beside the CB so i could put one of the cigarette lighter plugs on the cb to power it up.Its in the center out of mud,water,etc and can quickly be removed if i need to

1 - 18 of 18 Posts