Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, busy jeep week for me... installed fog lights, and some armor... and i decided to fix my cb radio. It went down maybe two months ago... its a 40 channel realistic... wired to a super duty antenna at rear... its powered...turns on... but doesnt seem to pick anything up... i checked and all wires are grounded and functional...any suggestions?

·
Registered
9 Posts
bruinjeeper said:
Hey all, busy jeep week for me... installed fog lights, and some armor... and i decided to fix my cb radio. It went down maybe two months ago... its a 40 channel realistic... wired to a super duty antenna at rear... its powered...turns on... but doesnt seem to pick anything up... i checked and all wires are grounded and functional...any suggestions?
To me it sounds like an issue with the antenna connection, but since you said you've checked the connections, perhaps try connecting it to another antenna and see if you still have the same problem? If that doesn't yield any results, could be an internal issue, perhaps take it to a CB mechanic, often times there will be CB shops with their own mechanics at larger truck stops.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks for the advice. Will try it, as i do have a truck stop/weigh stn with a shop two exits from me on the highway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts