Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
don't have a pic but i have one with a very small footprint so i mounted it(w/zip ties) drivers side on the console next to the 4X lever. not sure where i'll perm mount it or if it will be that radio(have several) thinking right over the ash tray since i do not use it(have bean bag on the dash) was already wired for a cb so i just put it close to the connections.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I don't have any pics but I'll get some for you on Wednesday but I bought the Tuffy overhead and I couldn't be happier!

·
Registered
957 Posts
got the bars at lowes hardware and painted them... cost me about 10 bucks total.
Been wondering what to use to put acroos there to mount mine. Thanks, going to Lowes tomorrow! I saw one guy who used 2x4's, but wood didn't look right to me. I made a bracket for the antenna that looks like the one from Quadratech that mounts behind the passenger side tail light. Looks pretty good for being free.

·
Registered
46 Posts
No pics at the moment, but I have the bracket clamped to the roll bar with two hose clamp facing forward so I can see it in the mirror if I need to-puts the speaker pretty close to my ear.

Nick

·
Registered
72 Posts
not a cb guy but if i were id put it in second din in the dash and have trim piece to match.

·
Registered
698 Posts
i'd like to see some yj setups. I had it mounted on the support under the dash but that got all cluttered up. I'd like to move it up above my head but i can't think of anything.

·
Registered
116 Posts
LOVE the low buck erector set setup! I'm so doing that once I can stand the temp outside. 14 at the moment in chicago. I'm allways in search for a good economical answer to a need. And I can then fab up a bracket for sunglasses, mike holder, aux switches. I'm getting excited allready at the possabilities

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
It depends on the type of unit you are installing. This is what I have.
I have this same setup. Works great and everything is out of the way. I also have an external speaker mounted to the roll bar behind my head.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Thank you for helping, I am thinking about getting industrial velcro. Anybody have issues if they took that route?
To hang the mic? Thats fine if you don't want to drill holes to mount the mic clip. If you're talking about mounting the whole radio, that might work for the smaller units but not full-size radios.

·
Registered
26,916 Posts
I made my radio mount and antenna mount myself. Here they are.

Radio mount uses the bolts for the windshield footman loop.

Also rolled my own behind the tailight antenna mount. :punk:

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
I put mine Down by the little light inside mu door. I would take a pic but I've been away from my baby for seven days :/

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
Here's mine.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My radio is mounted on the driver's side of the shifter console just like "indyjeepman's". The mic hangs on a clip above the rearview mirror. The antenna is mounted on a homemade bracket directly behind the spare tire on my swing away rack. (see my profile pics). the wires run through the tailgate-under the carpet-under drivers seat to the radio.

The key is to ensure your antenna has at least half of it's length above the roof of your vehicle. makes a huge difference in reception. You'll find this tip on numerous CB radio websites. I'll take some more pics soon and post in my profile, but I have one there for now.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts