Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to instal a cb in my 2015 jk two door how much coax do I need 18 feet or 20 feet I am going to use rg8 coav

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol, that page makes it clear as mud.
You can drive yourself crazy with the math and tech OP, or just go with 18'. Either way will be pretty much the same if you read into it a bit at stu-offroad.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
I was thinking for the amount of coax I need to make it reach the radio

·
Registered
14 Posts
18' worked just fine on my '18 JKU, it will work on a JK. I ran it from a spare tire mount through the rear door following the factory wiring harness to the right-rear panel then up the roll bar to the front. I use the Rugged Ridge CB mount over rear view mirror.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
18' worked just fine on my '18 JKU, it will work on a JK. I ran it from a spare tire mount through the rear door following the factory wiring harness to the right-rear panel then up the roll bar to the front. I use the Rugged Ridge CB mount over rear view mirror.
I am planning to use a president bill on the rt side of my shifter

·
Registered
14 Posts
... Just don't coil your excess.
Agreed. You will most likely have excess cable - but don't cut it! I'm not an expert myself, but have read and been told (by experts) that coiling excess cable will cause issues. Better to use a "figure 8" instead of loops.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts