Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched for any threads on this topic and didnt find anything. I just installed a cb into my rig. Is theft of cb's a problem? If so what do you do to protect against it? Thanks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My buddy had someone repeatedly cut his mic... Other than that I've never experienced people messing with the CB

·
Registered
952 Posts
Seeing as most stereo shops in my are clueless to CBs, I do not believe they are a Hot item to steal. But low lifes are everywhere. If we would just amputate thieves arms we would have alot less thefts :) you could rig something up if you were concerned. Look at laptop chains that can be screwed into the interior like many schools use. They are black wire chains. Keeps an opportunist at bay, but if someone wants something bad enough, all the security in the world wont help.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Seeing as most stereo shops in my are clueless to CBs, I do not believe they are a Hot item to steal. But low lifes are everywhere. If we would just amputate thieves arms we would have alot less thefts :) you could rig something up if you were concerned. Look at laptop chains that can be screwed into the interior like many schools use. They are black wire chains. Keeps an opportunist at bay, but if someone wants something bad enough, all the security in the world wont help.
Good point. I looked at the laptop chains. I'm not too crazy about them.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Usually it's the high end, shiny ones that get stolen. Buy a cheap, black one and noone will mess with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts