Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a cb for my TJ.
Nothing thats going to break the bank.

I was Looking at the:
Cobra 18 WX ST II with SoundTracker® and NOAA Weather.

also, what antenna, and where to mount? (I notice a hole in the rear tire carrier??)

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
get a mag mount antenna and put it on you right front fender. this gives you the best available ground plane and lets you easily see it if it gets bumped. you also want to put it on a spring so as you drive through trees the spring bends and not the antenna.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im still set on a dash mount CB, and after some research, belive I can make a mount.

Any ideas on what CB would be best?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a Midland 1001z. It's small and I mounted it to the rear of my center console. It's out of view and the speaker is very clear. I also mounted my antennae (firestik) to my spare tire mount. It gets me up over the roof and gets better range.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Uniden 510XL Pro... compact and works great for under $60.... velcro for mounting and plug for the outlet... done....

You loose one cup holder while in place. The wires run down between the drivers seat and tuck under the console. Perfect fit.. Just leave enough wire to pull forward and slide under you seat.

The nice thing is angle lets the sound project up at you off the console.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
worth a try, what about the anntena? mount off tire carrier or make a bracket for the taillight???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts