Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Has anyone had any dealings with Bells CB shop in Oakland Park, Fl. I going to pull the trigger on a Bearcat unit and he's not far from me.

https://www.bellscb.com/

I will try to do the instal myself but it's always nice to have local support.

Anyone used his shop or would recommend another shop in the area? Thanks.

Ordering the Cool Tech ultramount. Should be sweet.

http://www.cooltechllc.com/jeep/jk_ultramount.shtml

·
Registered
115 Posts
Heard nothing but very good things about them from the group ride yesterday out at Corbetts. I'm buying one this week also online and having them dial it all in for me.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to know. Thanks for the info. I may have a little time before work on Tuesday. I'll try to stop by this shop and check it out in person..

·
Registered
34,450 Posts
Lafayette Homeowners Electronics
Bob Cicchini 954.587.1098
542 S State Road 7 Plantation, Fl 33317
He has done a lot of great stuff for our club member from CB Installs to wiring in light with great quality work and big discounts for our members..
Jeep Stereo, Computers, CB's, Electrical Parts & Acces.
Sales - Repair Service - Installation

Black Sheep 4X4s Official CB Tech & Electronics Installer

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good deal. I will try and check it out after work. Thanks..

·
Registered
313 Posts
They did my install radio and antenna, good shop and great price. They tuned it and I have never had any issues. I broke my original antenna and the set up the new one with a SWR tune cheaper then one I could buy off amazon.

Hey,

Has anyone had any dealings with Bells CB shop in Oakland Park, Fl. I going to pull the trigger on a Bearcat unit and he's not far from me.

https://www.bellscb.com/

I will try to do the instal myself but it's always nice to have local support.

Anyone used his shop or would recommend another shop in the area? Thanks.

Ordering the Cool Tech ultramount. Should be sweet.

Cool Tech LLC. JK Ultamount CB Antenna System

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hit Bells after work. The had a BC980 in stock. The guy walked me outside gave some suggestions on how to route the coax. Said if I had any issues to come back and he'd help me out but to stop by and he'd tune it in five minutes. Sold :). Have to instal this weekend hopefully.

Waiting on the the bracket to mount above the mirror.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Didn't like it above the mirror. Change of plans...ran coax under the carpet, ordered a passenger side console bracket and piggyback harness to plug in the rear of cigarette lighter via Quadratec.

Better late then never...

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
I got all my stuff from 4wheel parts. they are great with advise. i dont know if there is one in your area though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts