Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My weather radio woke me up this morning around 4:10 this morning and gave me an Idea.

I'm looking at getting a popup or ultra light travel trailer to pull behind my 08 JKU.

I'm a total newbie when it comes to CB, so I've been reading up on the forums here. I don't recall seeing anyone specifically mention their CB having a weather radio. Do any of you have one with a weather radio? Which one?

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
My weather radio woke me up this morning around 4:10 this morning and gave me an Idea.

I'm looking at getting a popup or ultra light travel trailer to pull behind my 08 JKU.

I'm a total newbie when it comes to CB, so I've been reading up on the forums here. I don't recall seeing anyone specifically mention their CB having a weather radio. Do any of you have one with a weather radio?
Yes, plenty do. There is typically 3 channel, 7 channel, or 10 channel NOAA weather available on some models. I have a 7 channel and it covers enough area for me to be satisfied and then some (3 channel is almost always enough). Fwiw, I would not buy a cb without it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, plenty do. There is typically 3 channel, 7 channel, or 10 channel NOAA weather available on some models. I have a 7 channel and it covers enough area for me to be satisfied. Fwiw, I would not buy a cb without it.
I know plenty do from my research but don't see anyone mention anything about that aspect of it and it's something I'm very interested in.

What model CB do you have?

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
I like the Cobra 29 LW NW. I don't currently run a CB, my 2M has NOAA coverage.

Other options are the Uniden Bearcat line, Cobra 75 wx (a favorite amongst Jeepers), & Cobra 18. I'm sure there are many others, but I imagine these are the most popular.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts