Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knew I should have done the install myself but cold made me take it to a shop and give them $50 bucks.

Now I have the old stock unit in a box and one of my CDs still in the slot. There should be a button/slot/trigger somewhere to manually kick it out but I haven't seen it.

Rather than wire up a quick harness to a battery which will likely result in something smoking this seems like the best first option to ask.

Thanks

·
Registered
338 Posts
there isnt a quick release w/o power. the cd gets locked in unit from top and bottom. you have to give the unit power to eject it.. shocked shop didnt do that before install.. we always to @ my shop. you really only need ign. constant, ground hooked up to do it.. and as bad as it sounds if you can remove your old unit you can plug it into factory harness real fast that way you know there wont be any issues.

aftermarket radio should remove easy w/ keys provided w/ radio

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was afraid of that.

Second choice is hanging power on the back from a small garden tractor 12V.

I should be able to mirror the map for the harness adapter to find the correct pins. There are no pinout charts on the radio.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts