Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought my second wrangler and have enough time to lean to maintain my vehicles finally. I've been a bodyman/painter but novice to engine drive train.
Enough rambling it's a 92 YJ that was clearly someone's toy but now my daily. The CD player worked when I first bought it by not since I changed the fuel pump(2days after I bought it). Checked the fuse on the player itself and never seen a fuse box like this. Maybe I'm missing something. I'll attach a pic of my fuse box. And my unit is a kenwood of it makes a difference.
Im sure there will be haters on this thread but I'm more amped to learn about my jeep than anything I've ever owned!! Help!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Look at the fuse box next to the battery, on my 95 there are 2 small red fuses... one is the IOD.

If the fuses there are all good I would have a look at the ground behind the unit.
(it won't be part of the main harness)

Image from 91-93 parts manual

·
Super Moderator
12,680 Posts
Im sure there will be haters on this thread but I'm more amped to learn about my jeep than anything I've ever owned!! Help!!
This forum is beautiful.
The moderators usually step right in if anyone violates the TOU.
There's hardly anything that isn't family friendly. I can recommend this forum to my pastor.

There have been a couple instances that I sorta remember in the past few years but they got squashed promptly, either by other posters or by the mods.

There are however, passionate opinions about certain mods, but even then, polite discussion rather than childish behavior.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new toy.

BTW, I was a bodyman the first half of my career and a body shop owner the second half. I'm now retired.

Like you, I've had to learn engine and drivetrain mechanics. This forum has helped me get and keep my 30 year old heap running and running well.
It's all good.

Good Luck, L.M.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts