Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
up until this point, i have been using the tray in the top of my dash, but when i keep the phone vertical, it falls over when i take a corner and if i keep it horizontal, i cant see all of the screen! Woe is me!

So i've come up with a solution. I use an otter box case for my galaxy s4. it comes with a belt clip. I never intend to use the belt clip for its intended purpose, so what i do plan to do is buy a generic suction mount, and then use some JBWeld to mount the belt clip to the suction mount. Then I'll have a custom holder I can mount to the windshield.

When I assemble it, i'll take pics and make a write up.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have a tray on my dash. It is on my list. I put it in the cup holder for now but that doesn't work most of the time (That's where I put my beer and bacon). Thanks.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
There are at least three other threads about cellphone mounts that have been posted in the last month or two. If you search for 'RAM mount iPhone' you should be able to find them. I posted a write up with pictures of the RAM setup we use in our jeep. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
up until this point, i have been using the tray in the top of my dash, but when i keep the phone vertical, it falls over when i take a corner and if i keep it horizontal, i cant see all of the screen! Woe is me!

So i've come up with a solution. I use an otter box case for my galaxy s4. it comes with a belt clip. I never intend to use the belt clip for its intended purpose, so what i do plan to do is buy a generic suction mount, and then use some JBWeld to mount the belt clip to the suction mount. Then I'll have a custom holder I can mount to the windshield.

When I assemble it, i'll take pics and make a write up.
I used the same setup, except now I have a Lifeproof case for my Galaxy S3, but I am interested in seeing how you mod up the suction mount. With the Lifeproof case on, my longer aftermarket charging cord won't fit the port so I can't effectively use the phone as a GPS. I do want to use the clip portion of the Otter Box, since it will still fit with the new case on. My goal is to be able to mount it to the dash next to the steering wheel or use a suction cup to mount it to the windshield for a more "HUD" effect. If I come up with anything myself, I'll post my results here!

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Pro Clip... the cleanest and smallest. Those Bracketron holders are way too bulky for my taste. (no offense)
ProClip is slim and simple with many options for any phone.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Daystar dash

with iBolt holder for Galaxy S3. Works great for video too

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Pro Clip... the cleanest and smallest. Those Bracketron holders are way too bulky for my taste. (no offense)
ProClip is slim and simple with many options for any phone
Is that attached to the dash with double sided tape?

·
Registered
441 Posts
I use my cup holder. I was using my dash tray, but my iPhone has been know to overheat and shut down in extended direct sunlight. I plan on ordering the iOttie HLCRIO102 Windshield Dashboard Mount from Amazon if I'm ever in need of a dedicated phone holder/dash camera.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I use that weird way to bend paperclips to use as a phone stand... Works pretty well, it sits high enough in the back tray that I don't have to reach to see the bottom of the screen. I would love to see a setup where I could mount my iPhone in front of my standard stereo so I can actually touch the screen without it falling over!? I use line input, best sound!

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts

·
Registered
34,187 Posts
This is what I did. For driving around town.

For on the trail.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Nice pics guys!!! Keep em coming!!!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts