Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm probably going to order a RAM mount for my Galaxy S4. Anyone have one? Like it?

I emailed RAM and they suggested this combo:

RAM Flex Adhesive Mount with Universal X-Grip® Cell Phone Holder

Might be able to stick that on the passenger side next to the cup holder. I'm also wondering if the Daystar dash panel could work with the RAM, but don't know what combo I would get.

See:

Daystar KJ71039BK - Daystar Upper Dash Panel with Universal Ball Mount for 11-14 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

Anyone have a setup for a RAM or something else that they like?

·
Registered
99 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Yo suicideking, you have a belt clip/holster for your S4? I also have an S4 and since I never use my belt clip that came with my otterbox case, I modified my belt clip by adding a suction cup from a garmin nuvi to the back and use that, works awesome. If you already have the clip, the additional materials are only like 5 dollars, let me know if you want to see what I did...

·
Nature Photog and Jeeper
2,981 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
I used this Ram phone mount configuration for my Samsung galaxy III:

Cradle/Holder The cradle is pretty universal so it can be used on just about any phone.
Double socket arm Keeps the mount just below the bottom of the mirror.
Rearview mirror mount (uses existing windshield mirror mount and fits between the mirror and windshield)

This is what it looks like with an old droid for representation of a phone. And you can ebay/amazon them separately if you are looking to save a few $$$

20131211_085509.jpg

20131211_085515.jpg

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Steelie Car Mount Kit

this is a great option for mounting in cars. magnet on phone does not damage the phone or interfere in any way plus you can then mount the phone in any place that has some metal (I use it also on my metal shelves in my garage playing music and manuals for when I am working on the jeep). The ball bearing on the dash is great because potential thieves don't know what it is and do not suspect it is a phone mount. very sturdy and the magnet is low profile enough that I don't notice it on the phone at all.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Nitroz680 can you post what you did. I am interested to see how you put things together.
TW,

Absolutely. I made a build thread for my project. It is here:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f40/custom-otter-box-cell-phone-mount-265864.html

What I did was I took my otterbox belt holster and removed the belt clip on the back. I took a garmin nuvi suction cup that i bought off ebay and I cut off the wings with a dremel so it was just a flat plate. I glued the flat plate to the back of my now flat belt holster. If you already have the otterbox, the cost of materials is like 5-7 dollars.

I dont have a completed picture, but I'll put one in there tonight for ya

1 - 14 of 14 Posts