Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my jeep wont start unless i bang on the starter cellinoid. could it just be the rusted connectors or should i just buy a new one?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Give it some time, I am sure someone will get to it... middle of the day, most folks are at work. I, unfortunately, am not in the know to help you here, except to answer your question on the correct spelling, which is Solenoid.

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
In answer to your question, you will need a new starter, as the solinoid is integrated with the starter in a single unit.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
i think it means you need a new clutch for your starter, but its not worht the money to have someone else fix it, you should just buy a new one, on my CJ, i had the same problem, bought a reconditioned starter for $40, then fixed mine, (it took me two months of tinkering) and the sold it back to the same guy for $25, but i dont think people do that with the newer type starters, but i wouldnt throw that starter away, it isnt that hard to fix the clutch mechanism, someone might want it, it onyl cast me $20 to fix mine, but about 15 hrs., i did just ot learn about starters basicly

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jsut went to autozone and got a brand new one with a lifetime warranty for it. took me all of 10 minutes to get it out and ten to get it back in. thanks for the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts