Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I just bought a set of 5 craiger soft 8's from adrian at kryptonite custom works. these wheels are sold w/out the center caps so I need a set of 5 CHEAP black caps for the rims. any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Why do you need center caps ? Surprising though, every place I have seen them for sale they came with center caps..
To me it's just one more part to keep track of when pulling a flat on the trail or pop a bead back in or whatever.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,616 Posts
I agree with Richp, just run without them. Spray the hubs with satin black Rustoleum before mounting the wheels and it'll all look good once the new wheels are mounted.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya every place I've seen them they say caps not included, oh well good point your right just another part to keep track of. guess I'm just not as smart as you guys are. :flipoff:

·
Registered
973 Posts
go get 4 plastic butter tubs (about 3") i think mine are "i cant believe its not butter" but they fit perfect, are cheap to replace, and dishwasher safe.:D

·
Registered
489 Posts
are u serious!! we need pics

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I Agree ^!

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Do your stock center caps fit? If they do, you can just paint those. Did you try the junkyard? See if you can find a 15 inch wheel with a center cap at the junkyard, and take center caps from it. Otherwise, my best advice is either the internet, a Mr.Tire or similiar large franchise that deals exclusivley with wheels/tires, or just paint your hub and forget em.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
good Idea I will look when I get them sometime next week. but like everyone else said its not that big of a deal.

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
"I can't believe it's not center caps!"

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I used the stock jeep caps. I just drilled the three small holes for the screws on the back side and here you go.

·
Registered
973 Posts
mine have seen alot of highway use, off road, and many a hoses' to em, and they hold up just as good as anything else. also they are kinda flexable if you run em into something. And hey, if one does break... eat some toast.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts