Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
About a year ago I picked up a center console for my 98 TJ.. well I'm looking at it today and it dawned on me that I can run a subwoofer into it.. the only issue lies in the fact when I purchased it I did not know that there was an enclosure in it to buy so I don't have it. I have seen the aftermarkets online and I've searched part outs but no one specifically lists it as a sale item.. I honestly can't justify 2-300 for an aftermarket at the moment but if the OEM housing is reasonably priced I might try to snatch one up.. I've searched the forum to the best of my ability on the mobile browser app and I've already looked on Craigslist for part outs but can't seem to find anything in North Carolina. So what im looking for is a rough idea on what you guys think it would cost at a part out or JY To see if I'm wasting my time.
Thanks WF!

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Might want to check out davey's jeeps. Also search CL for 'jeep graveyard' in the daytona area. There's a guy down there with a LOT of parts & he might be willing to ship.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
- What you have, is it really the sub center console? Some center consoles do have a grille on the side but it is not the console that is for the factory sub enclosure. If the storage under the lid goes all the way down it is not the sub center console. The sub console storage has a CD rack and is a divider and the sub enclosure goes under it.

- Used factory sub enclosures with sub and amp go for a lot and it is not that great.

- You can get a good compact powered sub for around 150. I like the Sound Ordnance B-8PT

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
If you do a search on this forum there is a thread on here where a guy built a wooden box to go in it. His held an 8 in sub. I've wanted to build one to replace my factory sub for a while. I think this would be cheeper and better than a factory sub and enclosure.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That was really quick replies!
@Surf I will do that, just the kind of info I needed! Thank you!

@Neil So that's what that tray is for! Haha I could not figure out what the slots were for. I feel stupid with my CD cases in my glove box now.. I do have the shallow tray center console, luckily I purchased the correct one then! Thanks for the info!

@CC Dad I will do that! I like cheaper and I've heard the stock enclosure isnt the best as well but it's out of sight and not taking up space so I like the location. Thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts