Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I have my freedom panels removed for the majority of the time, I notice my center console gets very hot when I'm parked outside. It's black, so I'm also worried about it getting sun-faded.

Anyone know of any good options to cover the center console in the 2011-13 interior? Not really looking for a pad, just protection from the sun so I can stop burning my arm.

·
Registered
78 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the same Rugged Ridge one and love it. No problem with it coming off either. It holds up great with a 75lb Weimaraner standing on it all the time. The only thing is that it has faded out quite a bit in the 7 months that I've had it but better it than my center console.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks!

Does this get as hot when it's sitting out in the sun?
It's still black, but I assume it wouldn't soak up as much heat as the bare console?

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
X3. We have the same one.

Thanks!

It's still black, but I assume it wouldn't soak up as much heat as the bare console?
Obviously anything black will be hot after sitting in the sun, but it won't sear your elbow to well done if you put it up there. :D

Definitely worth it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ditto for me too! I just ordered one...Ihope I stop getting elbow burns!
Thanks!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I never had a problem with it getting too hot. Of course, I've since added a spiderweb shade so the point is fairly moot now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts