Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the top down ... the sun out... and parked in an open area my center console gets super hot...what do people recommend for a cover or anti heat solution other than touching it out? My elbows are very fragile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
The wife picked me up a cheap neoprene cover on Amazon. She didn't like the way the fake stitching dug into her elbow, but it works great for the heat as well.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Wrangler JK
372 Posts
I just cover it with one of the shop towels I keep in the cargo area.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Cheap Neoprene cover from Amazon, even black, makes a huge difference, going from scorching to just warm, even in 40C/100F heat and direct sunlight.

For $8 you can get a basic on, and for $2-3 more you can get one with a key hole.

Ordered the one with the keyhole, got the other by vendor mistake, was refunded and got to keep it, didn't replace, but not having the keyhole is a pain, gonna get one wih the key as soon as the cool logo'ed ones are back in stock.

Reactions: aqualungs

·
Registered
660 Posts
I got a cover from Bartact along with the seat covers. Really nice and it is not going to fade like neoprene. I am so glad I researched on this forum before making a decision, because I really liked the looks of the neoprene covers - but I did not want it to look faded and crappy after a short time.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I had a cheap neoprene one for about six months, and when I upgraded to Bartact seat covers, I did the center console as well. It looks great, and it doesn't get as hot as the vinyl.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,775 Posts
I have had the neoprene one on for 2 years. I like it. I think it's Rugged Ridge brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,631 Posts
Speaking of getting super hot: since I moved to the PNW, I started removing the freedom panels in hot sunny days. The LEATHER SEATS get SUPER HOT! Ouch!

I could even smell Huevos Rancheros the other day...

·
Registered
355 Posts
I think it was the very first thing I installed when I bought my black on black JKUR last summer - Rugged Ridge neoprene is fantastic, fit is really, really good - https://amzn.to/2qJBYg4
Totally agree. I have had this cover on my Wrangler for 6 years and it looks as good now as the day I first put it on....but it has never really seen much direct sun. It has survived my three dogs though and they were the main reason I bought it!

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
We use color matched, micro fiber towels on ours. They are kind of a pain in the butt to keep in place, but my overly sensitive elbows LOVE THEM. To me,(not my wife) they are worth the fight to keep them in place. We even found dark gray with red stitching for the new Recon, perfectly color matched.

·
Premium Member
2,101 Posts
First, I love my Bartact seat covers.
I was a little skeptical of the console cover when I saw it online.
I didn't think it would stay in place, but after having it since January, I am happy to report that it has not moved and it looks fantastic.
It also like that it has a little extra padding.
I would not think twice about ordering another one.

Reactions: Downing

·
Registered
678 Posts
Totally recommend the Quadratec Diver Down one as well. Matches the seat covers and the price is hard to beat!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Reactions: Arkhams Finest
1 - 18 of 18 Posts