Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Rangers Lead The Way!
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, a buddy of mine has an '04 TJ Sport. His lock for the center console is busted, and he hasn't been able to find a replacement anywhere for it. I suggested a local junkyard, see if there is a TJ in there with one he could swap out. Any suggestions on the easiest place to find one?

Thanks, and don't forget to wave! :wavey:

·
Registered
723 Posts
I ended up ordering the one listed in the first link to replace mine and it didn't fit even though in the description it says 97-04. I didn't see the one listed for 01-06 until after I received the wrong one in the mail. Long story short I got ahold of Morris via email and then by phone and they wouldn't take the part back because they said it would fit. I even sent pics of both and they told me I would have to pay a 10% restocking fee and return shipping. So I still don't have the right one but I do have the older style if anyone is interested! Good company but horrible customer service.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
When you get it in you can take them both apart and switch out the broken piece. Theres a little plastic piece that likes to break on those locks. The PO had replaced mine with a non keyed one that you could open with a penny. I took it and the original one apart and swapped it, now its good as new

1 - 4 of 4 Posts