Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have 5000 miles on my new 2013 Jeep Wrangler, and already the lid buttons to the center console storage bin are sprung. The buttons will only open the shallow tray, but not the deep well. The reason is it appears that the spring that brings the latch back is sprung.

In 1974, after nothing but trouble with American cars, I swore I'd never own another, but 6 months ago a took a chance on the Jeep. This issue is very typical of the many issues the American cars of the late 60s and 70s had. Everything seemed to break on the interior in no time.

Now that I've got THAT off my chest.... anyone else have this issue yet?

Thanks!

·
Registered
488 Posts
I don't have 5000 miles on my new 2013 Jeep Wrangler, and already the lid buttons to the center console storage bin are sprung. The buttons will only open the shallow tray, but not the deep well. The reason is it appears that the spring that brings the latch back is sprung.

In 1974, after nothing but trouble with American cars, I swore I'd never own another, but 6 months ago a took a chance on the Jeep. This issue is very typical of the many issues the American cars of the late 60s and 70s had. Everything seemed to break on the interior in no time.

Now that I've got THAT off my chest.... anyone else have this issue yet?

Thanks!
No, mine's perfect!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Mine is perfect after approximately 1500 uses. At least it's still under warranty. Jeep's have their quirks but they have sooooo many other features that make up for any "blemishes."

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No... not a troll. A new Jeep owner who hopes he didn't make a mistake. I bought the car last Jan. I'm retired, and in the Spring & Summer, I ride my motorcycle. That's why the low miles. My last car was a year old and only had 5000 miles when I traded it in on the Jeep.

If I drive the Jeep more, who knows what might break next? ;)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Go back to the FJ forum you spawned from :mad:

I kid :D

·
Registered
210 Posts
Mine is quirky too but hasn't broken (hopefully it won't). The Jeep platform is awesome and I can see why the loyalty is so fierce but the fit/finish leaves a lot to be desired considering the price.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Mine can be a bit touchy at times as well.

·
Registered
396 Posts
My console lid button, the larger one, split in two today. I thought maybe it was from the heat and humidity taking a toll on the interior with just a slight crack of the windows but then I remembered how thin the body panels are on this Heep. And Ive never had any of my previous vehicles that were older do any such thing. This things like a soda can. One touch and it crinkles. How much more cheaper can they make em and charge even more for the sale prices???? *smh*
I love my Jeeps but man they are getting cheaper and thinner in quality to the point that as soon as you touch something it breaks instantly.
I just watched a YT video where a guy talked about the LCA mounts being so cheap on the TJ that he was able to just bend it and break it off in 3 tries. The customer wanted Rusty Offroad Mounts put on as he knocked a stock one off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_3v_EuXJ5w

·
Registered
29 Posts
many jeeps

this is my 5 th wrangler 75, 80, 85, 07 (4dr), and now a 12 , all good and better than any rice burner, productized... maybe but thats it, will always buy a Jeep

·
Supporting Member
577 Posts
this is my 5 th wrangler 75, 80, 85, 07 (4dr), and now a 12 , all good and better than any rice burner, productized... maybe but thats it, will always buy a Jeep
I was so surprised when I was in Miami last month how few jeeps I saw!

I've always wondered what it's like having a soft top and half doors all year round there?

·
Registered
119 Posts
My Jeep is 1 year old and the center console main button sometimes wont work correctly, but I dont think its broken, just a poor design.

This is my 3rd jeep, currently also have a Cj7 and used to own a yj. It boggles my mind the way some members on here get so defensive when you point out anything bad on a Jeep. I love Jeeps and the community/lifestyle and appreciate them for what they are. With that being said, if there is bad designs, inferior parts, or bad workmanship, I want it to be addressed and be fixed! These vehicles cost between $25-$50k. That's not an economy car, and it's not too much too ask that a brand new vehicle works correctly.
The people on this subforum that are so critical of others pointing out flaws that Jeep should address in vehicle updates/ new models should sell their JK's and go buy a finnicky CJ or a YJ with no power anything or A/C , since they hate fancy ammenities, options, and vehicles that arn't junk. It's called progress.... sorry for the rant....

·
dirt road inspector
3,005 Posts
The console buttons on my 2007 and 2016 work fine.
Didn't know Jeep made Wranglers in 75, 80 and 85.

·
Super Moderator
10,613 Posts
Holy resurrected thread, Batman!

These posts are from 2013!

Long live zombie threads...

·
Registered
396 Posts
Tis I that rehashed the old thread. lol. I was searching and found this and felt like responding/letting others know about the button on mine and possibly seek help in finding some part #'s for a new button. Cant seem to find anything and the local dealer is telling me un-serviced parts. :(

1 - 20 of 34 Posts