Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in August of ’09 I replaced my factory stereo and speakers with the following:

Headunit – Alpine CDE-102 CD Receiver
Front Speakers –Polk Audio db 461p 4"x6" Plate 2-way Speakers
Rollbar Speakers – Polk Audio db 521 5-1/4" 2-way Speakers
Amp - Alpine KTP-445 Head Unit Power Pack 45W x 4 Car Amp

I utilized the factory subwoofer in the console and it worked fine for what I wanted until recently. It is now blown and sounds awful. It needs to be replaced. I tried to pull it out over the weekend and am not sure how to remove it.

I was able to remove the console by removing the screws from the cupholders. But when I looked inside the console, the subwoofer must be inside the black plastic housing.

How to you get into the it and is this an easy removal and new subwoofer speaker install?

Looks more difficult than I imagined.

Any help or comments would be appreciated.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I couldnt figure this out either if there are no comments i plan to just take out every screw i see.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Open the lid of the center console, there are screws in there that need to be removed. Take all the screws out of the left side of the console, there may be a few inside if you turn it upside down, once they are all out you should be able to remove the black plastic case that holds the sub and the amp.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you tried the install? What about the wiring? That seems like the tricky part of the install.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts