Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find the center console (the rear part) totally useless and a good place to hit my elbow. Takes up to much space etc.

Yes I know there is a speaker inside, but would assume it could be unplugged and the radio still work using the front speakers only.

What options do I have?

Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Unplugging the speaker (subwoofer, I'm assuming) should have no effect on the rest of the system playing properly. My friend unplugged his in his 06 TJ because it was blown and he didn't feel like replacing it. His front and soundbar speakers still work just fine.

Hope this helps!

-steve

·
I'm not lost
1,974 Posts
I had my sub unplugged while having it rebuilt and the rest of the system worked just fine.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I will buy the plastic insert that holds the subwoofer that goes inside the console from you. I dont need the Amp or Subwoofer, just that plastic insert. Let me know if you are interested in selling.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I wish I had your problem. I'd love to get a center console for mine, but the one's I've found they've wanted a lot of money for them.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yea me too ... i found a cheep one for my 99 but my 06 is goina be like 400.00 bucks what givs ... im thinking just making a wood box .....would serve my purposes i just want a arm rest ...

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I dont know what console you have but mine can hold a full frame .40, a K-bar, a flashlight, a sm light that plugs into the lighter socket, a pair of gloves and a couple of beanies.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Maybe get one of those Tuffy center consoles? Seems like they hold anything imaginable and even have cup holders!

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
I dont know what console you have but mine can hold a full frame .40, a K-bar, a flashlight, a sm light that plugs into the lighter socket, a pair of gloves and a couple of beanies.
Because you do not have the sub.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Trade your console w/ sub with someone in your area with a subless console if you think they are useless as far as storage. If the elbow hitting still drive you nuts have you thought of raising your seat? I raised me seat and now have to lean over to rest my elbow so maybe an extra inch would help you out.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I see you're in Marlton. I'm in Cinnaminson until tomorrow and would trade my sub-less console for your sub console if it was in good condition and spice in color!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Trade your console w/ sub with someone in your area with a subless console if you think they are useless as far as storage. If the elbow hitting still drive you nuts have you thought of raising your seat? I raised me seat and now have to lean over to rest my elbow so maybe an extra inch would help you out.
Interesting, I always felt my seat could use some lifting. How did you go about lifting your seat? Spacers of some sort?

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Interesting, I always felt my seat could use some lifting. How did you go about lifting your seat? Spacers of some sort?
I did mine with Buchanan aluminum seat risers but you can make your own. Just make sure the hardware is grade 8 or equivalent and the blocks used are solid. There's a guy on here somewhere that makes steel ones but I forget who that was. Mine is 2", but I kinda wish I'd went with 1.5" since there's not a lot of room between my legs and the bottom of the steering wheel. It is nice to be able to see my hood better when offroad to pick lines. I'm 5'6" so I did a lot of leaning forward before the seat lift.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the seat spacer link.

My subwoofer unplugs.

I'll design a box and pad the top.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
I see you're in Marlton. I'm in Cinnaminson until tomorrow and would trade my sub-less console for your sub console if it was in good condition and spice in color!
- I did not say that the sub was useless.

- The sub is in a Tuffy console right now

- It is slate gray

1 - 17 of 17 Posts