Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is a rumor going around this site that jeep may offers some incentives(0% APR for 60 months and $1000 cb) on 2012 Jeeps in September.

I was curious what everybody thought the likelihood of this happening?

I'm about to order my new 2012 Jeep Wrangler tonight do to the fact of my financing deal possible expiring at the end of August, and the salesman is giving me a really good deal on my trade in and other little things to sweeten the pot.

I personally doubt that Jeep will offer incentives on new 2012's it just doesnt make any sense, but what the hell do I know...

·
Registered
166 Posts
if you order one today, as in order to be built.. I doubt you will see it until September. So you should know if that rumor is true or not..

Ive got one that should be ready to P/U within the next day or so.. So I'm struggling with that rumor as well...

Ive waited 2 1/2 months... so whats another 2 weeks... right?

But then I saw this video, and Chris Ellis described the sales of the Jeeps brand and especially Wrangler. Sales up at a record level, and w/o any rebates all year except the current $1000 rebate that they put in place to get the remaining 11's out the door before they are sitting side by side to the 2012's.
With sales numbers numbers of being up close to 45% in sales in the Wrangler vs. the industry average of 2-3%, its hard for me to think they will offer anything on the 12's in September.. The press releases are flowing as of yesterday, and the glowing reviews by everybody about the better engine, Milious has stated in the "2012" thread that Wrangler orders are way up on the 2012's.....Add it all together and I cant rationalize in my mind why they'd need to do any incentives on them at all.. But all that said, Im still thinking of holding out until after Labor Day to take delivery on the off chance there will be a nice $1000 Kickback...

2012 Jeep Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited, Chris Ellis - YouTube

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you order one today, as in order to be built.. I doubt you will see it until September. So you should know if that rumor is true or not..

Ive got one that should be ready to P/U within the next day or so.. So I'm struggling with that rumor as well...

Ive waited 2 1/2 months... so whats another 2 weeks... right?

Ok so how does it work when you buy a new car, Let say I go up to the dealership today and place an order for a new 2012 Wrangler. I assumed that I would sign a contract to buy it as of this date. Correct me if I am wrong but if I place my order today, I will not be able to take advantage of any potential September incentive, even if I pick the new car up in September, right?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok so how does it work when you buy a new car, Let say I go up to the dealership today and place an order for a new 2012 Wrangler. I assumed that I would sign a contract to buy it as of this date. Correct me if I am wrong but if I place my order today, I will not be able to take advantage of any potential September incentive, even if I pick the new car up in September, right?
No, you don't have to sign anything when you order it. You sign all the paperwork when the jeep comes in (or a little before if your dealer will work with you on that).

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, you don't have to sign anything when you order it. You sign all the paperwork when the jeep comes in (or a little before if your dealer will work with you on that).
Very helpful, I will be ordering my 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara edition in Crush right after work this evening then!

I was having a hard time on the color too because I was really interested in the new color Crush, Turns out I told my dealership that I was waiting to see the color in person, and they said they would buy it back from at no cost to me if I didnt like the color and would order me any other color.

So I'm sold, and I cant thank everybody enough in this forum, you guys are truly up on your game, you guys put me on the Preferred Pricing, the best interest rate around saving me thousands and thousands of dollars.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I got confirmation again today that the $1K rebate for retail customers will be on the '12's. This rebate will be in effect for delivery starting on September 7th.

·
Registered
141 Posts
MJkid said:
I got confirmation again today that the $1K rebate for retail customers will be on the '12's. This rebate will be in effect for delivery starting on September 7th.
Will that only be for September delivery? What about the current 0% financing, will that stick around too?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Well now, it's a damn good thing my Jeep is scheduled to arrive at the dealership on the 6th. I was planning on taking delivery on the 7th, so this would work out great. Thanks!

·
Registered
581 Posts
mattpeden said:
Very helpful, I will be ordering my 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara edition in Crush right after work this evening then!

I was having a hard time on the color too because I was really interested in the new color Crush, Turns out I told my dealership that I was waiting to see the color in person, and they said they would buy it back from at no cost to me if I didnt like the color and would order me any other color.

So I'm sold, and I cant thank everybody enough in this forum, you guys are truly up on your game, you guys put me on the Preferred Pricing, the best interest rate around saving me thousands and thousands of dollars.
The fact is you should NOT sign anything or pay anything except a small deposit on a credit card until the jeep is on the lot and you like the color. There should be no "buying back"deal as you should never buy it unless u like it.

The dealer is benefitting really. They get to mark one a sold order which expedites it. E. If you don't like it they get to do the same thing again. That being said it is a win win situation.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So I think I have the same question as several others: if I order a new 2012 Rubicon Unlimited after the $1,000 rebate is announced ... but it takes a while to get here (perhaps after the rebate is off) ... do you still get the rebate incentive?

I understand about not putting anything but a small deposit, etc. But by placing the order do you hold the incentives that were in place at the time of your order? $1,000 or 60 mos. no financing would push me over the edge to a purchase.

·
Registered
260 Posts
This is my same problem. I am already ordered with a scheduled delivery of 9/1. If incentive comes out a week later, I have no problem waiting for an extra 1,000 bucks. Where is this information coming from? I can't let my Jeep sit at the dealer for 6 days based on a rumor.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Current
.. Vehicle off Hold 08/25/2011 08:30 AM EDT Awhc - Toledo Ottawa South, OH
Future
.. Loaded On Railcar 08/26/2011 11:30 AM EDT Toledo Supplier Park, OH
.. Railcar - Interchanged 08/28/2011 03:30 PM EDT Chicago, IL
.. Railcar Placed at Destination Facility 09/04/2011 08:30 AM EDT Barnes Yard, OR
.. Unloaded From Railcar 09/04/2011 11:30 PM EDT Barnes Yard, OR
.. Vehicle Delivered to Dealer 08/30/2011 10:00 PM EDT Lithia Chrysler Jeep Dodge
Medford, OR
Mine is now off hold and is supposed to load on a rail car today,, be unloaded on 9/4 and delivered to the dealer a few days sooner (8/30) that's funny in itself. But I guess if thats the case I'm sure I will be to busy to get to the dealership until the 7th.
On the 8th I take the wife up to the hospital (4 hours of freeway driving) for a pre-op exam,,, it will be hard to NOT take the jeep but that just would not be a good break in run I'm afraid.

·
Registered
147 Posts
So I think I have the same question as several others: if I order a new 2012 Rubicon Unlimited after the $1,000 rebate is announced ... but it takes a while to get here (perhaps after the rebate is off) ... do you still get the rebate incentive?

I understand about not putting anything but a small deposit, etc. But by placing the order do you hold the incentives that were in place at the time of your order? $1,000 or 60 mos. no financing would push me over the edge to a purchase.
I was told that you are eligible for the incentives that are in place when you take delivery, not when you place the order.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Current
.. Vehicle off Hold 08/25/2011 08:30 AM EDT Awhc - Toledo Ottawa South, OH
Future
.. Loaded On Railcar 08/26/2011 11:30 AM EDT Toledo Supplier Park, OH
.. Railcar - Interchanged 08/28/2011 03:30 PM EDT Chicago, IL
.. Railcar Placed at Destination Facility 09/04/2011 08:30 AM EDT Barnes Yard, OR
.. Unloaded From Railcar 09/04/2011 11:30 PM EDT Barnes Yard, OR
.. Vehicle Delivered to Dealer 08/30/2011 10:00 PM EDT Lithia Chrysler Jeep Dodge
Medford, OR
Mine is now off hold and is supposed to load on a rail car today,, be unloaded on 9/4 and delivered to the dealer a few days sooner (8/30) that's funny in itself. But I guess if thats the case I'm sure I will be to busy to get to the dealership until the 7th.
On the 8th I take the wife up to the hospital (4 hours of freeway driving) for a pre-op exam,,, it will be hard to NOT take the jeep but that just would not be a good break in run I'm afraid.
Mine does not make sense too:

Current
Vehicle off Hold
08/24/2011 11:30 AM EDT
Awhc - Toledo Ottawa South, OH
Future
Railcar - Interchanged
08/27/2011 06:30 PM EDT
Chicago, IL
Railcar - Interchanged
08/29/2011 07:30 AM EDT
Chicago, IL
Railcar Placed at Destination Facility
09/02/2011 08:30 AM EDT
Westfield, TX
Unloaded From Railcar
09/02/2011 02:30 PM EDT
Westfield, TX
Vehicle Delivered to Dealer
08/29/2011 12:00 (DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE!)

·
Registered
166 Posts
If they are adding $1000 to the 2012's are they going to raise the incentives on the 2011's??

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
I was told that you are eligible for the incentives that are in place when you take delivery, not when you place the order.
I'm not doubting the info you are getting....I'm just thinking that it makes no sense.

Unless Jeep can start turning around custom builds in two weeks....where is the "incentive" (being that you would have had to order 3-6 weeks ago to take delivery in September).

Maybe it is some type of rebate instead? (A rebate for all early adapters since so many people got screwed on tow package and gearing snafu's?)

Or maybe it is for 2012's already on dealer lots? (Like all of the 2012's that people rejected because they have 3.21's....?)

I'll just sit back and see what happens. Hopefully I can still take advantage of this.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
If you are going to wait until September, why not just wait till the 2013's come out.. I hear they are supposed to be much better..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just ask Milous

I already asked Milous about that and here's what he said about production availability and incentives:

Milous said:
Hello Gin:

The 2012 Wrangler will continue production until next July. You will be able to order one until around mid-late April 2012.

There is no way to predict incentives in advance as they are not decided until the day before they release the information. I doubt you will see many incentives on the 2012 models for awhile since sales are so strong right now.

Milous

1 - 20 of 33 Posts