Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have a question about changing the default media source on start up! How do you do it? I have a 14 JK when I first got it it would default to whatever I had playing last I recently updated it to the latest software and now all of a sudden it starts back up on the radio. How do I change this? Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks in advance for your help!

Also I have the 430N Uconnect

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey everyone, I have a question about changing the default media source on start up! How do you do it? I have a 14 JK when I first got it it would default to whatever I had playing last I recently updated it to the latest software and now all of a sudden it starts back up on the radio. How do I change this? Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks in advance for your help!

Also I have the 430N Uconnect

First world problems. Sheesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Their response is unclear. Probably just a heckler. Mines always started back on the radio, never on aux or Bluetooth. Not sure about satellite, never used that wasted source.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2016. mine used to always go back to what I was playing before I turned it off. Since I did the update it defaults to radio. it is a first world problem, but it would be nice to have it not always default to radio

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In a way I'm glad to see I'm not the only one experiencing this first world problem, so I know nothing is corrupt on my jeep.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
I use sat radio, it defaults to that. When I use Bluetooth I have to reselect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was/am also frustrated with that. Being that the head unit is a Sirus brand in my 2016 JKHR, I speculate that they want their product to be broadcasted by default. When your SirusXM subscription runs out, it by default, is on the add channel for their product. Lots of free advertising for them... just my theory.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
I imagine it can’t start with Bluetooth because the connection isn’t there right at start. And these radios take a while to connect. Imagine these radios were designed in 2008 or 2009 when Bluetooth and smart phones weren’t as good as today.

·
Premium Member
8,341 Posts
My 2015 would start back up on the source it was on when I turned it off, most of the time the source was media, playing MP3 loaded onto the hard drive. My 2017 on the other hand behaves the way you describe. On start up it starts on radio with SAT selected. Now I guess I know why I could never get the '17 to behave like my '15.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts