Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Jeep has 90k miles on it and recently I’ve replaced all fluids and done a bunch of maintenance. At this point I figure I may as well change my plugs a little early and be done with my maintenance for a while. What are the best plugs to use? I’m willing to spend up a little for a little more performance as long as the longevity is still there (don plan to have to replace them ever again). Also, I’d like to do a compression test or leak down test while I’m in there. I’m going to do one or the other, should I get a leak down or compression tester and why? I’ve only ever done compression testing before on other vehicles because I never used to have an air compressor. Also any other work should I have done while I have the intake off? How often should the power pack (or what’re it’s called on top the spark plug) be replaced, and are they worth upgrading?

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
My Jeep has 90k miles on it and recently I’ve replaced all fluids and done a bunch of maintenance. At this point I figure I may as well change my plugs a little early and be done with my maintenance for a while. What are the best plugs to use? I’m willing to spend up a little for a little more performance as long as the longevity is still there (don plan to have to replace them ever again). Also, I’d like to do a compression test or leak down test while I’m in there. I’m going to do one or the other, should I get a leak down or compression tester and why? I’ve only ever done compression testing before on other vehicles because I never used to have an air compressor. Also any other work should I have done while I have the intake off? How often should the power pack (or what’re it’s called on top the spark plug) be replaced, and are they worth upgrading?
I changed the plugs on my 2013 JKU recently and I used the factory Champion iridium plugs. My jeep runs perfect on them. You can get a set of 6 on Amazon for $42. That is the best price that I have found.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07LH8QZ1R/?coliid=I19PRGX5Z0LTWD&colid=399YPFG70MR7J&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I did not bother to do a compression test as my Jeep runs perfect right now. And I would not bother replacing the coil packs if your jeep runs fine. You will pay $25 to $30 each for coil packs so why replace them if they work fine. I have yet to have a coil pack go bad on any vehicle and I have been driving for 31 years now.
There are some small, rectangular plenum gaskets under the manifold. You may want to replace them while you are have the manifold off. But nothing else needs to be changed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts