Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never needed fog lights where I live. But I would like better light for driving off road at night. Has anyone changed the stock fog lights that come in the bumper to a flood or spot light for better light off road?

·
Registered
285 Posts
I bought some led bulbs on eBay (~$40) and they pop right in and made a big difference. Of course I only did that because I wanted them to match the led headlights (kc).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm more interested in the pattern of light. Not the type of lamp. After doing some more reading, fog and flood are very similar. I'm curious how a spot would work that low to the ground.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
You will be much happier with floods down low and spots up high. Reason is that what's down low is much more useful close to the Jeep, and what's up high is more useful way out in front. Lots of reasons.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
You will be much happier with floods down low and spots up high. Reason is that what's down low is much more useful close to the Jeep, and what's up high is more useful way out in front. Lots of reasons.
X2. Spots have very tightly focused beam patterns meaning they need much more room to spread their light, floods have a very wide pattern but don't stretch out far making them a much better choice for low mounting such as fog lights.
Spots would be pointless to mount that low to the ground

1 - 5 of 5 Posts