Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed my Trackbar to a adjustable track bar but now my Steering wheel when I’m driving is way off centered but when the car is park the wheel seem to be as straight as my two front tires, the wheel only seems to be way off while driving down the road. Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
8,177 Posts
Is the axle centered? If not, address that first. If so, it's the draglink that needs adjusted. Draglink centers the steering wheel.

·
Super Moderator
21,934 Posts
it was answered in your other thread. adjust your turn buckle to straighten the steering wheel out. post a photo of how much your steering wheel is off and also of your drag link and track bar. These are pretty straight forward installs.

·
Super Moderator
8,177 Posts
The draglink needs to be parallel to the trackbar.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will post a picture of the steering after work today, again while the vehicle seems park the wheel is just a little bit off but while driving the jeep logo on wheel is almost sideways
it was answered in your other thread. adjust your turn buckle to straighten the steering wheel out. post a photo of how much your steering wheel is off and also of your drag link and track bar. These are pretty straight forward installs.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a adjustable drag link coming next week along with a adjustable tierod bar

·
Super Moderator
21,934 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
those are all adjustable.
Unless the stockers are so rusted that they wont move. I broke off the adjuster sleeve on my stock tierod because of rust.

·
Registered
329 Posts
You don't need to buy anything else. Just adjust this turnbuckle till your wheel is straight. Take a wrench with you adjust then drive it until you get the wheel straight. Little goes a long way. A partner going along helps as well.

If you don't have the time take it to an alignment shop and they can get it perfect for you.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts