Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm going to change my fluids today and I've been searching all night and only found a couple things.
I'm going to change my front and rear diffs fluid, along with manual trans, transfer case, and oil&filter.
What I know so far....
OIL&FILTER- 6q 5w-30
FRONT DIFF- 80w-90 or 75w-140 if towing and offloading and in high heat. CAPACITY ??
REAR DIFF- 80w-90 or 75w-140 for towing CAPACITY??
MANUAL TRANSMISSION- CAPACITY ?? MS-9224
TRANSFER CASE- ATF+4 automatic transmission fluid? CAPACITY?

Is this right this far?
I could only find approx. capacity for front and rear and people say with stock about 1 q in front and about 2 in rear. I couldn't find anything on transmission and t case
What kind of fluids are you guys running? I heard valvoline is good for diffs but not sure about t case and trans
Thanks

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I called jeep and got this

2012 jeep wrangler 2 door

Front diffs- >1q
Rear diffs- > 2q
T case- 2.1 q
Manual transmission- 1.6q no filter

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
Not quite.

Front is 1.35 quarts (2.7 pints)
Rear is 2.37 quarts (4.75 pints.)

If you are using OEM diff covers, fill it until fluid starts to drip from the FILL bolt, at that point, stop filling. Make sure your rig is on level ground.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not quite.

Front is 1.35 quarts (2.7 pints)
Rear is 2.37 quarts (4.75 pints.)

If you are using OEM diff covers, fill it until fluid starts to drip from the FILL bolt, at that point, stop filling. Make sure your rig is on level ground.
Okay thanks, should I fill like you stated then drive and top off? Or will I be good just topping off and calling it done?

·
Retired Moderator
100,535 Posts
Okay thanks, should I fill like you stated then drive and top off? Or will I be good just topping off and calling it done?
No, you do not need to top it off after driving it. Just fill it as prior stated!:thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts