Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drive a 2010 jku rubicon. I have Dana 44 front and back with I assume 4 10 gears front and back. Is this a good or bad idea

·
Super Moderator
8,178 Posts
You will want to regear and get hydroassist steering.

·
Super Moderator
8,178 Posts
Gearing for sure even on the street with the 3.8. Hydroassist if you ever actually use the front lockers-otherwise they will be worthless paperweights.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I drive with a trailer around the timber through a corn field to load firewood mostly frozen ground. There a couple of good sized hills to climb. I also have to drive to get my tandem axle snow plow through deep snow drift and the jeep has never let me down. Some times I think different bigger gears would help my current setup. Are 5.38 gears to big for my current tires. I rarely drive on the highway but I don't want to loose top end power.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
I don't know anything about hydro assistance steering. Please explain?
It uses a hydraulic ram to assist the steering. Lines are run from the ram to the steering box, depending on which way you turn, fluid moves the ram with much more power than the steering box can. If you arent doing serious stuff in the rocks I wouldnt worry about it. Bolt on hydro assist is like $1200 from PSC.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the 4 inch pro comp stage 2 lift. I would like it to drive down the road straighter. Any ideas?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts