Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change out my spice interior to black. I am sure someone on here has done this before, so here I am searching for help. What did you use and what kind of results did you experience? I want to change everything but my seats as I will recover them. I might even be intrested in buying or swapping out pieces to get to the all black look. Thanks for your input. :thumb:

·
Registered
496 Posts
I did the dupli color bumper coating as explained in the thread posted above. Still need to do the doors and shifter area but so far it looks much better than it did. I would recommend it for sure but please spend some extra money on a good painting mask. The fumes are pretty bad. Was my first attempt so not perfect but I think I got the hang of it for next time. Hate the tan interior. So glad it's almost gone.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Wasn't looking to make a profit. So far I'm very happy with it all black. MUCH better than that nasty spice but of course we all like different things. The wife wants to buy another couple cans of the Dupli Color but in the charcoal color and maybe do a two toned interior so might try that as well. Prob do the glovebox, plastic under the steering wheel, and both of the plastic vents where the speakers are, and also half of the door panels all in charcoal. Might look good but might not. Worth a try though.

·
Registered
354 Posts
We followed Dragonii's advice as written about in the "Tired of your Interior?" thread link above. Be sure to take your time with the prep. Surprisingly, we haven't noticed much of a "dirty" appearance once we painted it black. Maybe it's because it's not a perfectly smooth finish? It looks smooth (except the textured parts, of course) but has an ever so slight texture to the touch. Don't notice it really, unless you're looking for it. But it seems to minimize the appearance of dust. We've had our interior done for three-four weeks now and have yet to wipe it down because it still looks clean. In comparison, the black interior in my Kia Soul always looked dirty. So I know what it's like to have a stock black interior vs painted black. Huge improvement in the appearance of dust.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Jacqui, that's how my sister spells her name...dont see many like that!

I did something similar to a 06 Dodge Cummins I had. I didnt prep good enough and it started to peel and flake on some of the panels. Redid the whole thing making sure to prep realy well and it held up for years with no other problems.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think it will be Dupli Color to black. I intend to take all the parts out and prep and then spray them in the garage. Not to worried about them looking dirty or the heat issues either, its not a DD and hardly ever gets used. Its more of a lets get a little mud on the tires then back to the house vehicle. I might run two tanks of fuel through it in a year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts