Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some doors from a guy with promises of getting a key... Never got it... Oh well, I need to replace my tailgate anyhow, and I'd like it all to match anyway. How hard is this to do (since I've never done it) compared to price of having it done?

·
▄▌ee▐▀
1,791 Posts
Its pretty simple to pull your lock cylinder s and replace the pins to match your existing key.... the problem I often see is people have trouble finding a locksmith who will sell the individual pins.

There are some YouTube videos that step you through the whole process on rekeying the cylinders. When I get to a comp. I can point you in a better direction

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just completed that project. Traded another member doors. I took the easy route and brought my cylinder to my local lock smith. $30 per cylinder and he had them done in a day. Yes, it would be cheaper to do it yourself but I was happy to pay them because it works when they are done.
I ended up with the full doors out of the trade. Let me caution you that i had a bear of a time getting the interior panel back on. Messed up the window seal. I'm very patient but the panel just didn't want to go home. Take your time and also purchase new retainer clips for the panels. Let me knowif you need any other advice, be happy to help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts