Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I replaced the lights in the instrument cluster to red leds (they look awesome btw) but with the green mileage next to it, it contrasts colors and I was wondering is there any way to change that to red also?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I wouldnt mess with the odometer. One wrong move and the resale value is toast.

That said, tinting it from the outside somehow might be a good idea...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes, tinting can work. The results aren't perfect, but they are definitely better than the OEM green. You can see what I did below. I bought a sheet of colored plastic sheet, and cut it to size. I then slipped it under the plastic on which the gauges are marked. It's pretty easy to get it under there. I don't have any really good pics of it lighted, as it's hard to photograph. What you end up with is a a reddish-purple color (obviously, since red and blue make purple). It's easy on the eyes, and I'm happy with the end results. If you want a truer red, then you'll have to figure out a way to pop off the blue plastic covering the odometer. I can't recommend this myself, since I had no desire to crack open my cluster. If you do so, it's at your own risk...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts