Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my jeep and its ready for its first oil change 2 question. 1st I have always used full Synthetic oil in my GMC truck is it ok to use it in my jeep. 2nd what kind of oil filter should I use?

Thanks

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yes you can use synthetic but it's not really going to give you a lot of bang for your buck and for a filter I'd stick with Mopar.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
There is no way to say this without sounding snarky, but: a quick search will bring up a thousand threads on this. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Mobil 1 and I will change it at 6k miles, I also bought 4 Wix filters from Rock Auto and shipped to me all for $24.00. It sure beat the $15 bucks for one for the same Wix filter at the local parts store.

·
Registered
42 Posts
In my wife's 3.6 Pentastar on the Grand Caravan R/T I've used the PureOne filters. Two reasons: 1) they are usually in stock at the parts store and 2) they actually hold up really well. The mopar ones and some of the others show up a little "fuzzy" after 5k miles and the PureOnes still look really good.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I use Pennzoil Platinum and WIX oil filters. The Purolator PureOne filters are good too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts