Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, anybody can answer:

Front Dana 30 and rear Dana 35, year 98:
What can I expect if I shane the ratio from 3,75 to 4,88? I am looking for shorter gears (it is stock 32RH trans.) and stronger acceleration.

Many thanks!

·
Registered
956 Posts
You gonna have to provide more info for a better answer

you engine? 4.0 6cylinder or the 2.5 4cylinder....or v8?

your current tire size and future tire size?

and your use and expectations out of the Jeep

all that info helps us give your the perfect answer.

and your current gears are problly 3:73

·
Knows a couple things...
49,417 Posts
Hi, anybody can answer:

Front Dana 30 and rear Dana 35, year 98:
What can I expect if I shane the ratio from 3,75 to 4,88? I am looking for shorter gears (it is stock 32RH trans.) and stronger acceleration.

Many thanks!
What size tires will you be running? With your 3-speed 32RH (which indicates you have the 4.0L engine), 4.88 would only be appropriate for 37" tires. 4.56 would be ideal for 35" tires, 4.10 is perfect for 33" tires. With your Dana 35c rear axle, I'd run nothing bigger than 33".

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much guys. I am looking for better acceleration and shorter gears on lengthy 3 speed auto 3 32RH. The usage of the Jeep is rather off road and city - no highway. Wrangler is my second car. I run only 32x11,5 Mt's (2,5 "lift).
That is why I question if this idea of regearing to 4,88 would be an insane change.

I expect the max speed up to 130km/h (80m/h) which is fine and approx 10% already ridiculous consumption:).

Correct?

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
What size tires will you be running? With your 3-speed 32RH (which indicates you have the 4.0L engine), 4.88 would only be appropriate for 37" tires. 4.56 would be ideal for 35" tires, 4.10 is perfect for 33" tires. With your Dana 35c rear axle, I'd run nothing bigger than 33".
Go with this answer

:bow

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you. I also ordered LPG application (runing on gas, no petrol) which will allow me to use the power for hslf of the money (costs half).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts